Join the City of Mesa for the Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter Count. The Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter Count is an effort to learn more about the individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County and the entire country. In order to accomplish local and federal goals toward ending homelessness, we first need to know who is experiencing homelessness, where they are, and better understand the factors surrounding their homelessness.
Volunteers are needed Tuesday, January 22, 2019 from 5:00am - 12:00pm to survey individuals experiencing homelessness in Mesa so they can be provided with programs and services that will best fit their needs.
A volunteer training session will be offered prior to the count on the following date:
- Tuesday, January 15th: 5:30pm to 7:30pm - Salvation Army Building 3 (241 E 6th St)
When: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Volunteer Orientation will begin at 5:15am
- Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter Count will begin at 5:30am
- Orientation: Salvation Army Building 3 (241 E 6th St)
- Project Location: Various locations across Mesa
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to assigned area.
- Wear comfortable clothing for outside weather and closed-toed toes.
- Must be 16 or older to volunteer.
- Volunteers will be put into groups of no more than 3 to 4 people for each project location.
- No prior experience with the Homeless Count is needed!
- Breakfast and water bottles will be provided
For more information, go to www.mesaaz.gov/pitcount
Questions? Contact Bethany Freeland at [email protected] or 480-644-5432
**We are also accepting donations of hygiene items to create kits to hand out to the homeless during the Point-In-Time Count. Some of the items needed include:
- Hand Warmers
- Waterless Shampoo
To donate items, please contact Emily Greco at [email protected] or 480-644-5601 by no later than January 15, 2019.
5:00am - 12:00pm MST
Orientation: Salvation Army Building 3 (241 E 6th St)
|| Bethany Freeland