City of Mesa
Join the City of Mesa for the annual Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter Count. The PIT Count is an effort to learn more about the individuals and families experiencing homelessness in Maricopa County and across the entire country. In order to accomplish local and federal goals toward ending homelessness, we first need to know who is experiencing homelessness, where they are, and better understand the factors surrounding their homelessness.
Volunteers are needed Tuesday, January 28, 2020 from 5:00am - 12:00pm to survey individuals experiencing homelessness in Mesa so they can be provided with programs and services that will best fit their needs.
A volunteer training session will be offered prior to the count on the following date:
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020 from 5:30pm-7:00pm @ the Salvation Army Building 3 (241 E 6th St)
When: Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- Volunteer Orientation begins at 5:00am
- Point-In-Time Homeless Street and Shelter count begins at 5:30am
- Orientation: Salvation Army Building 3 (241 E 6th St)
- Project location: Each group will be given a map of an area of Mesa to cover during the count.
- Volunteers must be able to provide their own transportation to assigned area.
- Wear comfortable clothing for outside weather and closed-toed shoes.
- Must be 16 years of age or older to volunteer.
- Volunteers will be placed in groups of 3 to 4 people for each project location.
- No prior experience with the Homeless Count is needed!
- Breakfast and water bottles will be provided.
- For more information, visit www.mesaaz.gov/pitcount
**We are also accepting donations of hygiene items to create kits to hand out to those experiencing homelessness during the Point-In-Time Count. Items that are needed are:
- Hand warmers
- Waterless Shampoo
For volunteer related questions, please contact Bethany Freeland at [email protected] or 480-644-5432
For Point-In-Time Homeless Count or item donation questions, please contact Emily Greco at [email protected] or 480-644-5601
5:00am - 12:00pm MST
|| Volunteer Mesa