Ready to run, walk, skip or shimmy? The Hurry to Murray Coe Family 5K Run/Walk is coming on Sunday, June 13! This event is one part fitness, one part fun with friends and family, and one part farewell to our beloved Mr. Murray as he heads off to retirement after 25 years of teaching at Coe (we’ll miss you!). And every part is done with Coe Cougar Spirit!
Here’s how it works:
- All Coe Cougars and their families are welcome. Each Coe Cougar that signs up must do the race with at least one parent or guardian. There will be three (3) waves of up to fifty people racing hourly throughout the morning, so coordinate a time with your friends, family and classmates and sign up below! If we don’t have a lot of sign ups in one wave, we may consolidate timing and will advise before the race.
- Please show up for your race wave at the scheduled time. Come to the Welcome table where we'll have waivers and give you a cougar paw racing band. We’ll start the race right on time!
- The 5K race starts and ends in front of Coe at 7th Avenue West. The route circles Queen Anne’s ‘Crown’ and will be clearly marked, with flaggers in key spots. Just follow the cougar paws!
- At the end of the race we'll have snack and water for all racers.
- We’ll have a life-size cut-out of Mr. Murray and we want you to get right up close to ‘him’ for a farewell selfie. Almost as good as the real thing! Post these farewell photos to our spirit padlet so we can use them as part of a special send-off for Mr. Murray https://padlet.com/CoeElementary/coespirit
- When signing up please list names of all participants joining from your family. Please give each family member joining from your family their own line on the signup genius.
- This event is rain or shine, so let’s hope for sun!
- Have fun!
|| Portia Langworthy