The Proto-Cathedral Masses
We invite you to sign up to attend a Mass at The Proto-Cathedral of St. James the Greater.
The guidelines from the Archdiocese are listed below. After reading these guidelines, please review the available slots and click on the sign-up button for the date you desire (then click on the "submit and sign-up" button on the bottom). If you are signing up more than one person, put the count in the Quantity Field, and list all persons by name in the Comment Field. Also, if you need access to the handicap entrance, please include that information in the comment box.
If you are unable to attend the Mass that you signed up for, please be sure to delete your sign-up as soon as possible in order to allow that space at Mass to be filled by others.
The following guidelines are provided by the Archdiocese of Seattle. Included (in bold italics) are ways that they will be implemented at the Proto-Cathedral:
- Mass attendance is limited to 100 people. Once the maximum is reached, no one else will be allowed to sign up.
- People who simply show up for Mass without having signed up will be not be allowed to enter. However, instructions for signing up for future Masses will be provided. They will also be given an opportunity to be added to the list for a Mass on the following week/weekend.
- When you arrive for Mass, someone will be at the front entrance to check your name off on the printed attendance list. Be sure to arrive at least 5 minutes prior to Mass because the doors will be locked when Mass begins.
- Because the Sunday Mass obligation remains lifted, it is not necessary for the faithful to attend Mass on Sundays.
- Social distancing must be practiced at all times (minimum of six feet apart except members of the same household), in the church, parking lot, and sidwalks surrounding the church. The pews and seating locations are clearly marked to ensure social distancing. Please sit ONLY in the marked locations
- Face coverings are required.
- Cleaning and sanitizing will take place after every Mass. After Mass, each household is asked to sanitize their own pew and areas touched. All are encouraged to bring their own disinfectant wipes. Once your area has been disinfected, please exit immediately so that the church can be cleaned for next Mass.
- The outdoor bathrooms will be open for use for weekend Masses only. Due to social distancing requirements, only one person can enter at a time (with the exception of members of the same household). The bathrooms will NOT be disinfected after usage. Therefore, use at your own risk!
- Anyone attending Mass does so at their own risk. Vulnerable, at-risk, and otherwise concerned persons should remain home. Anyone living with vunerable or at-risk persons, should remain home. Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain home.
If you have any questions, please contact the parish office at 360-693-3052 or email [email protected]
If you are having technical difficulties: If the "submit and sign-up" button is not taking you to the next page, the try refreshing the webpage. On the sign-up page, if you are not able to enter a number in the quantity section, try refreshing the page. If you continue to have problems, please email [email protected]
|| Proto-Cathedral Administrator