The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
This registration is for scheduling appointments to receive a single dose of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen COVID-19 vaccine. The clinic is open to the public.
- Do not register here if you have already received a first dose of another vaccine elsewhere.
- Do not sign up if you are not committed to keeping your appointment.
- Cancel your appointment if necessary so the time slot is not wasted.
- Sign up using a unique email address per time slot. The system will not accept duplicate email addresses. Those who register online will get an email confirmation. If you do not see your email confirmation, please check your spam/junk and other folders.
If you have experienced an anaphylactic, or severe allergic reaction to a vaccine or medication injection, it is recommended that you receive this vaccine in a physician's office or similar environment and not at this venue.
There will not be any vaccinations given to walk-ups at the end of the day.
Date: March 19th, 2021 (8am-3:30pm)
If you need to cancel your appointment:
- Create an account in SignUpGenius.
- Log in.
- Click the X icon next to your appointment.
- Click the box to send notification to event organizer.
- Click the "yes delete" button.
UT Student Union
1502 Cumberland Avenue
Knoxville, TN 37996 map
What to bring
All registrants must bring the following to their appointments:
1. Proof of Age (e.g. Driver's License or Passport)
2. Printed, completed registration/consent form. Download Viral Vector Vaccine Consent Form from Related Files below.
Blank consent forms will be available on-site for those who cannot complete them prior to arriving for their scheduled appointment.
You must meet one of the eligibility requirements below to schedule an appointment.
If you schedule an appointment and do not meet the requirements, you will not receive a vaccine. The vaccine will be administered only to people with appointments.
Listed below are those eligible to be vaccinated at this event:
- Must not have had an allergic reaction to a prior COVID-19 vaccine or any their components.
- Must be either risk-based phase (1a1, 1a2, 1b, or 1c) or age eligible (65 or older).
- Must be at least 18 years old regardless of risk-based phase because the vaccine provided at this clinic and is only authorized for people age 18 and older. If you are under age 18 and eligible in a risk-based phase, then please check for clinics in the area that offer the Pfizer vaccine, which is approved for emergency use in people 16 and older.
Vaccination risk-based phases 1a1, 1a2, 1b, or 1c include:
- 1a1: Healthcare workers.
- 1a2: Healthcare-related fields.
- 1b:Teachers, administrators and other staff members of kindergarten through 12th-grade schools and child care facilities, as well as operations personnel of first responder agencies.
- 1c: 16+ with high-risk comorbidities and caregivers of children w/ high-risk comorbidities.
- UT students, faculty and staff who fulfill one of the functions above as part of their required university related responsibilities.
Any registrations that do not meet current phase criteria will be cancelled. When you register, please ensure you complete all fields in their entirety and provide relevant information on how you meet current phase criteria.
Help determining eligibiility
To help determine your eligibility, review the statewide vaccination plan, and use the state’s COVID-19 vaccine eligibility tool, https://covid19.tn.gov/covid-19-vaccines/eligibility
Parking and Map
Parking map: https://parking.utk.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/49/2021/02/COVID19-Clinic-at-Student-Union-Map-FINAL.pdf
Call 865-974-1000 for assitance with existing appointment or details about the vaccination location for which you have an appointment. The operators CANNOT assist with new appointments or provide information about future clinics.
You may locate the state’s vaccination plan and current phase by county at the following site:
State Vaccination Plan: www.tn.gov/content/dam/tn/health/documents/cedep/novel-coronavirus/COVID-19_Vaccination_Plan.pdf
County Phases: https://covid19.tn.gov/covid-19-vaccines/county-vaccine-information/
CDC frequently asked questions about COVID-19 vaccination: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/faq.html
Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine frequently asked questions: https://www.fda.gov/emergency-preparedness-and-response/mcm-legal-regulatory-and-policy-framework/janssen-covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-questions
- Face masks are required.
- Please wear loose clothing that allows your sleeve to be rolled up.
- Please drink plenty of fluids before receiving the vaccine.
- To reduce pain and discomfort after vaccination, use or exercise your arm.
Click below to sign up for a time slot for March 19th.
Created by: UT Emergency Operations Center
8:00am - 3:15pm EDT
Student Union, Room 272
|| University of Tennessee Knoxville