Help Survivors in the Caribbean Overcome Food Insecurity
Food insecurity is an ongoing issue in the Caribbean nations of Barbados and Trinidad and Tobago. It is especially acute for survivors of domestic abuse and violence.
In keeping with Hopefull Handbags, Nonprofit goal to help survivors get back on their feet, the Hopefull Handbags Caribbean affiliate is working on projects to combat food insecurity. These initiatives include:
- Partnering with supermarkets in Trinidad and Tobago to distribute excess food to survivors and others in need.
- Establishing aquaponic and conventional farms in Barbados that will allow survivors to grow food and provide for themselves and their families long term.
Help survivors in the Caribbean overcome food insecurity on their path to independence. Any amount will help!
- $50 1 month of food relief for a family
- $100 Seeds for Family Garden for a year
- $250 3 months of food relief delivery to a community
- $500 A family's farm equipment
- $1000 A year of aquaponics supplies
- $2500 One aquaponics farm setup