2021 VRE Lunch and Recess
Thank you for you Support in Helping out View Ridge Elementary's Lunch Room
This is an unpaid opportunity.
Report time 10:20 am end time 11:45 = 1.5 hours first lunch begins at 10:35 am and the last lunch ends at 11:35 am...not including last recess which ends at 11:55 am. The hourly staff will not be transitioning to the last recess but will complete their day at 11:45 am.
All Volunteers need to fill out the SPS Volunteer forms (below) and show proof of Vaccination
Please review these important health and safety updates:
- Essential volunteers supporting health and safety may be able to volunteer in person at the discretion of the school leader.
- Governor Inslee mandated that all school employees and volunteers must be vaccinated against COVID-19. SPS volunteers are required to carry proof of vaccination when volunteering at the school.
- To further mitigate COVID-19 exposure and transmissions, volunteers are required to:
- Complete online Health and Safety course
- Sign-in before arriving at the school to review COVID symptoms and provide information for contact tracing
- Always wear a mask, physically distance, and wash hands frequently
- Follow additional safety rules as required by the school and the COVID-19 site supervisor
- Previously approved volunteers must update their online volunteer application due to new health and safety requirements.
- To update and renew your application click here. Check your status after logging in. Review the FAQ page if you need help interpreting the page.
- Review and update your school selection(s). Only schools you select on your volunteer application may contact you.
- If this email was forwarded to you and you would like to apply to volunteer for the first time, please click here.
- School staff are working hard to finalize preparations for the start of school and may not be able to respond to individual volunteer questions. Each school volunteer program liaison receives their list of past and new volunteers to reach out to if the school needs volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at a specific school, find out if the school is recruiting volunteers by:
- Checking your email to see if the school already communicated volunteer needs in their recent emails from the school leader, school office, your child’s teacher, or PTSA/PTO. Respond as instructed.
- Checking the school’s website or Facebook/Instagram page for volunteer opportunity announcements.
If your school requested volunteer support, follow their instructions to confirm your availability and update your online volunteer application.
Please visit www.seattleschools.org/resources to learn more about the latest health and safety updates and key information for the 2021-22 school year.
Thank you for helping create safe and healthy school communities!
SPS Volunteer Program