Family Promise TBJ / SC
Greetings Volunteers! Thank you in advance for your help providing meals and caring for our guests during our hosting week.
We expect that there will be two families in the program. They will be housed at Temple Beth Jacob, 67 Broadway, Concord, NH. Street parking is readily available. We will update you with more details as we get closer to the start date.
Please note that when we host at TBJ, there are food restrictions in the building. Meals cannot have both dairy and meat components. Examples of no-go meals are: chicken tacos with cheese, spaghetti with meatballs and parmesan, cheese, serving milk to drink at a meal where any meat is served, etc. I think we could pull off having, say, brownies with ice cream AFTER a meat meal, but we cannot have meals where components mix. Also, no pork or shellfish is allowed in the building. These restrictions need to apply for any food volunteers cook and serve to guests and any food volunteers may bring in the building to eat on their own. For example, a volunteer may not bring a turkey and cheese sandwich to eat for a late night snack.
Here is a brief description of the volunteer roles available:
1. Set up: Accept delivery of beds and belongings from previous congregation; Set up rooms, beds, and supplies
2. Breakfast for the Week: Shop for continental breakfast items for the week; Deliver to Temple Beth Jacob on Sunday, August 8 (coordinate drop off time with afternoon set up or evening hosting)
3. Provide Dinner and/or Fruit/Dessert: Prepare or purchase meal; Deliver to Temple Beth Jacob at 5:00-5:30 pm; Please comment on meal plan to reduce duplication. Consider also signing up for Evening Host
4. Evening Host (5:00 pm - 8:30 pm): Welcome guests; Serve meal; Assist with cleanup; Opportunities to interact with guests; Consider also signing up to provide dinner and/or dessert
5. Overnight Host (8:30 pm - 6:30 am): Sleep in separate area from guests; Cot provided; Bring personal bedding or sleeping bag; Usually quiet night with little or no guest interaction; Consider also signing up for Breakfast Host
6. Breakfast Host (6:30 am-7:30 am): Set out and clean up continental breakfast; Lock up after guests leave
7. Clean up: Prepare beds & belongings for delivery to the next host congregation; Restore rooms to original set up; Clean hosting areas; Put away supplies for storage
8. Laundry: Pick up and launder bedding and towels; Deliver to TBJ storage area in preparation for future hosting weeks
If you have any questions or need assistance signing up, please contact us at [email protected]
|| Family Promise TBJ / SC