Thank you so much for volunteering to be a Poll Watcher during the DeKalb County Runoff Elections and for your patriotic support! The Early Voting begins November 17th through the 24th! Early voting locations will be open from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on weekdays and Saturday November 20th from 9 am to 6 pm and Sunday November 21st from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
In the city of Atlanta, DeKalb-Atlanta voters will return to the polls to vote for the Mayor, City Council President, City Council Member Post 3 at Large, City Council Member District 5, and Board of Education Member District 7 at Large. In Tucker, voters will decide a Runoff for City Council Member District 2 Post 1. City of Stonecrest voters will cast ballots for City Council Member District Post 1.
There are Four (4) Early Voting Locations in DeKalb County:
– Bessie Branham Recreation Center, 2051 Delano Drive, Atlanta 30317
– DeKalb County Elections Office, 4380 Memorial Drive, Decatur 30032
– Tucker-Reid H. Cofer Library, 5234 LaVista Road, Tucker 30084
– Stonecrest Library, 3123 Klondike Road, Stonecrest, 30038
Kindly note the following:
- You will receive your authorization letter via email from the GAGOP.
- The DeKalb GOP will provide you with more information regarding the issuance of your badge and credential letter. You will then pick your badge/credentials in-person once we have that information, during regular office hours of 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the DeKalb Voter Registration and Elections Office which is located at 4380 Memorial Drive, Suite 300, Decatur, GA 30032-1239. Please bring a hard copy of your authorization letter along with your driver’s license/ID as well as plan ahead as this task cannot be delegated to a surrogate.
- You will be standing for long periods of time, it is strongly recommended that you wear comfortable clothing and shoes. You cannot wear any campaign type of clothing.
- Masks are required!! They must be worn properly at all times - NOSE and MOUTH are to be fully covered at all times.
- Training is required and will be available via Zoom. There will be several live sessions of training, on demand training will be available as well. All volunteers will also have to review the training manual.
- Polls will be open Weekdays, November 17th through the 24th from 8 AM to 6 PM and 9 AM to 6 PM Saturday, November 20th and Sunday, November 21st will be from 12 PM to 5 PM. As a poll watcher, you will also be observing the set-up and/or break down of the precinct. There will be two shifts per day comprised of two people per shift/precinct. Weekdays, Shift One will be from 7:30 am to 1 pm and Shift Two will be from 1 pm to approximately 6:30 pm. Saturday, Shift One will be from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM and Shift Two will be from 1:30 PM to approximately 6:30 PM. Sunday will have Shift One from 11:30 AM to 5:30 PM. You will also be responsible for providing your own transportation to and from the precinct.
- To VOLUNTEER: Each volunteer must register individually for your credentials to be issued. Please review the available precincts and time slots below. Then click on the button to sign up.
Thank you for helping to VOTE DEKALB RED!
Marci McCarthy - Chairman, DeKalb GOP Email: [email protected] | C: 678-948-7328