Grand Oak Dads
We had such a great turn out last year for GOE Dads day we will have 4 events this year. We love when our families come to the school and volunteer and so do our kids.
All interested dads will need to be CMS Volunteer approved (go to https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/ to sign up now).
This is what the fun morning will hold:
- Arrive by 7:20 and we will need you to sign in at our front office-then we will split dads up between our car line and bus lot. Your job will be to “open doors, greet students, give high fives and smile!”
- At 8:00 our late bell will go off and our dads will report to the cafeteria.
- 8:05- We will do a quick welcome and hand out books for our dads to read (K-5). If you would like to read two books in K-2, please bring a personal favorite. In 3-5 you can read 2 stories from the book you have.
- We will have students escort dads to their classrooms and they will get a chance to read.
- Once completed dads will drop off their books in the main office so Mr. G. can keep them and dads may leave at that time or if they have time, are welcome to stay and help in classrooms based on your personal schedules.
- If you plan on staying longer than our classroom reading sessions to help in classrooms we need you to reach out to your child’s teacher to make them aware. We want to make sure we have things for you to do and your time is used well! We also want to make sure that we don’t have too many dads in one room as that can cause distractions.
- Please make sure you have completed the volunteer process prior to coming to Grand Oak that day. https://www.cmsvolunteers.com/
- We have tried to assign most dads to one of their children’s classes but this is not always the case. Some dads will be in different grade levels and with different classes.
Does this sound like something you may enjoy? Do you have additional questions? If you do, please contact Mr. Neil Joyce at [email protected] or Mr. Giovanelli at [email protected].
7:20am - 11:00am EDT
Grand Oak Elemtary