Cy-Fair Helping Hands
Cy-Fair Helping Hands volunteers regularly engage with homeless individuals in our community. These "Outreach Teams" offer support and build relationships in an effort to assist individuals to transition out of homelessness when they are ready. In addition to visiting and praying with the homeless, our teams distribute Compassion Bags. These bags are one gallon-sized Ziploc bags filled with non-perishable food items. We distribute approximately 100 Compassion Bags each week.
This project calls for a group to purchase or collect the requested items, pack the bags, and deliver them to Cy-Fair Helping Hands.
Putting together Compassion Bags is a great group project for scout troops, youth groups from churches or schools, women's groups, book clubs, businesses, etc., and individuals who are interested in helping the homeless.
Compassion Bags should be packed in gallon-sized freezer Ziploc Bags, similar to this example photo: https://tinyurl.com/upu74537
- Canned Pasta, Chili, or Hearty Soup (please, no “cream of” soups)
- Snack pack pudding
- Snack-size fruit cup
- Juice Boxes/Pouches (no water, please)
- Sandwich crackers – peanut butter or cheese
- Can of Vienna Sausage or Packet of Tuna
- Small can Beans, Veggies or Beanie Weenies
- Snack container of Peanut Butter
- Small Packet of Ritz Crackers or Chips in Pringle style container
- Plastic Cutlery wrapped in a Napkin
- Card or greeting for recipient (Optional)
**No toiletry items in the compassion bags, please
To Sign Up: Choose slots to indicate the approximate number of bags you are donating. After clicking Submit, you'll be prompted to enter the number of slots and the drop off date/time. (Example: If you were donating 150 bags, you'd sign up for a 100 slot and two 25 slots.)
Assembled bags may be delivered on Tuesdays or Wednesdays between the hours of 9:30am - 12:15pm. and other times by appointment.
Drop off location: Cy-Fair Helping Hands 9606 Kirkton Dr., Houston, TX 77095 (new location!)
Feel free to email [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you!