2021-22 Marching Band and Guard *NEW*
Thanks for volunteering to serve as a Band-Aide for the Mira Costa Marching Band & Colorguard!
We need more Band-Aides for the 3 "Rehearsathons" this season. Rehearsathons are half-day or all-day rehearsals held on a Saturday. We need parent volunteers to attend the Rehearsathons in case there are any health issues with the Marching Band and ColorGuard.
What you need to know:
1. You will want to bring a beach chair, water, a hat, and sunscreen to make yourself more comfortable during your shift.
2. The parent Chaperone Lead will be sending you detailed instructions and reminders before your shift to help you prepare.
3. Upon arriving...Pick up the "Chaperone Backpack" from North East Closet inside of the Band Room.
4. Then find the Band rehearsing, typically on the West Soccer Field or in Waller Stadium.
5. Give assistance to any student who feels faint or sick. Call parent or 911 if necessary.
6. Walk around and check on the various sections, including Percussion (Location TBD) and the Colorguard (Location TBD), as they practice around campus.
7. Give the backpack to the individual scheduled for the next shift or return it to the band room's North East closet if you are covering a shift before the break or the last shift.
8. Please be sure to bring a cell phone -- and please enter your cell phone when you sign up, so we can reach you during your shift. If you can work more than one shift, we'd appreciate it!
Please contact Matt Luce, Chaperone Lead, if you have any questions ([email protected]) or +1 (310)850-2953.
If you need to buy a band volunteer t-shirt, please visit the Spirit Wear tab on the Band Website, or click the following link to download the order form - please submit your order before August 15th: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x94fXvz_mQ_BYrUB3HiyQgeU0qZT514z/view
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
Location: Band Room / Waller Stadium
Band Room / West Soccer Field
|| Costa Band Guard Volunteer Lead