Hello LILA Families!
We hope you are enjoying your first weeks of summer vacation! As a PTO, we've started planning for the Forest Lake 4th of July Parade! Don't miss your chance to be a part of LILA's Float this year!
Our theme is "LILA RINGS THE BELLS OF FREEDOM!" and we will again stick to the red, white, and blue parade colors and make it super fun!
If you are interested in being a part of the LILA Float, please read specifics below...
1) All Float participants will wear a White LILA Dragon Tee. If you have the one from last year's parade, please wear it. If you need one, please pick your FREE one up at LILA Headwaters between Tuesday, June 26th and Friday, June 29th from 9am-2pm.
2) All Float participants agree to help either decorate the float or help take it down after the parade (at Main campus)! Decorating times are Tuesday, July 3rd from 6-8pm and Take down will be immediately after the LILA float finishes the parade, at Main Campus for about 30 minutes.
3) We have several spots available to sign up for - but please remember that we need a parent to walk with children in the parade if they are going into 4th grade or YOUNGER. If you have a 5th grader, you can drop them off at the starting lineup at the parade and then be at the end of the parade when WE finish (at Forest Lake Elementary parking lot) to pick them up. But please remind older students to be on their best behavior if a parent will not be walking with them.
4) Since we will be handing out candy and those spots are limited, only those that sign up will be able to hand out candy (4th graders and up).
5) Please remember that if you decide to not walk in the parade with your older child, then they are responsible for their whereabouts as we will not be keeping track of who is where and when.
We are super excited about this year's float and can't wait for all of you to join in!
Parade information will be sent out on Sunday, July 1st or as soon as we receive it. If you sign up AFTER July 1st, please contact Laura Tucci directly at 443-326-3815 to get pertinent parade information.
If you sign up and then realize that you have a scheduling conflict, please help us by removing your name.
LILA Parade Committee
9:00am - 12:00pm CDT
4th of July - Forest Lake Parade (Lineup on 6th, North of Broadway)