Allegash Canoeing Trip
The Allegash river is a tributary of the Saint John River in northern Maine. It is approxinately 65 miles long. Every few years, the Troop offers a Canoe Trip on the Allegash River. This summer, the Troop is planning on going on the adventure August 6- 12.
UPDATE: We have some more informaiton regarding this adventure. The cost of the trip will be $550 per person. A deposit of $100 will be due on May 31, with the remainder ($450) due on June 21. The troop will be staying at Camp Roosevelt and/or Camp Hinds. Time of departure and return to the church has not been determined yet. Mr. Hodder is the adult leader planning this adventure, so please go to him with any specific questions.
Right now, we have 6 scouts going and 4 adults (10 total). If your son, and yourself, are interested in participating in this adventure, and have not signed up, please do so now. We will need to cap the number of individuals going at 12, but can make a waitlist.
Scout requirements are:
1. First Class rank at the time of the trip
2. Swimming Merit Badge complete
3. Demonstrated proficiency with canoeing and safety on the water.
4. Camping Merit Badge started and being actively worked on.
5. Mandatory canoeing outings that are being scheduled now (several will need to be completed before the trip).
6. Virtual or in-person trainings/meetings to discuss specifics about this adventure.
7. Up to date Medical forms, A, B and C.
If interested and not signed up, please sign up as soon as possible. Thank you!
Date: 08/06/2023 (Sun.) Time: 1:00am - 12:00am EDT Location: Allegash River, Maine