The Chili Fest (fka: The Chili Challenge) is back! If you've never competed in this ASP event, now is your chance. If you like chili, like making chili, and even if you're a novice chili cook, then this is the event for you.
How does it work?
- Prepare your favorite Chili recipe at home, in advance
- Bring your warm Chili in a 4-6 quart crock pot during the set up time (6:00pm)
- Setup your competition space (~ ½ of a rectangular table)
- You are encouraged to decorate your space and bring garnishes
- Serve Chili to the attendees (aka Judges)
- Attendees vote (Hint - encourage family, friends and neighbors to come vote for your chili!)
Optional Entry fee of $10 payable to "First UMC" (please include "ASP" in the memo) the night of the event.
Tables, tablecloths, sample cups and spoons will all be provided.
Bring your chili (in a crock pot), extension cord, a list of ingredients to post at your booth and any festive decorations you desire. Creativity is encouraged!
ASP Youth - be sure to signup for the Youth Division (include your team member's name) to ensure you both receive your 3.5 hours credit.
If you have any questions, email Ray at [email protected] - be sure to put "Chili Fest" in the subject line!!
6:30pm - 8:30pm EST
St. Luke's Parish Center