Veterans Village of San Diego
You must be registered ON THIS LINK to volunteer for STAND DOWN 2021 on Wednesday, November 17. This registration link will close at noon Pacific Time on Monday November 15.
**Please note, Stand Down 2021 will be at Veterans Village of San Diego (4141 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110) and NOT at San Diego High School as it has been in previous years.
All participating volunteers must be registered on this link. To volunteer at Stand Down 2021 on Wednesday, 11/17, all participants must provide proof of vaccination (vaccination card, photo of vaccination card or the CA.gov QR code) when checking in at the event. We will only review your proof of vaccination; VVSD will not make or store a copy of the proof of vaccination itself. Masks are required and will be provided by VVSD (if needed).
Stand Down 2021 volunteer responsibilities may include activities that include standing, lifting, twisting, bending, squatting, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling. Must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Please wear comfortable clothing and feel free to bring a water bottle. If you are in need of any accommodations, contact Maria Riley (VVSD) at (619) 393-2013 or email [email protected].
- Volunteers should check-in to their shift ten minutes prior at Veterans Village of San Diego (4141 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110). Please look for signs directing you to the Volunteer Check-in table.
- Volunteers must provide proof of vaccination (vaccination card, photo of vaccination card or the CA.gov QR code) when checking in at the event.
- Volunteers will wear masks and social distance. Masks will be provided at VVSD (if needed)
- If you are unable to make your shift, please notify Maria Riley (VVSD) at least 24 hours in advance at (619) 393-2013 or email [email protected].
- All volunteers must be registered through this link.
Street parking is available near the VVSD Warehouse but is limited. We encourage you to ride share, get dropped off/picked up or take public transportation. We request you arrive at VVSD ten minutes prior to your shift to receive your volunteer assignment and answer any questions you may have.
More information about your volunteer shift and parking will be sent to you via email prior to the event. Date:
Veterans Village of San Diego, 4141 Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110
|| Mercedes Welch