Champlain College Counseling Center
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!
Disclaimer for Let's Talk program
- Let’s Talk is a drop-in service designed to provide registered, traditional undergraduate students with easy access to informal and confidential conversations with counselors from the Counseling Center at Champlain College. Let’s Talk provides the opportunity for counselors to help students who have a specific problem, have a concern about a friend and or would like more information about counseling.
- Let’s Talk does not constitute mental health treatment. Let’s Talk counselors can help students determine whether formal counseling would be useful, and if appropriate, refer students to community resources.
- Conversations with Let’s Talk counselors are confidential, with a few rare exceptions. These include circumstances in which we believe that you may pose a physical threat to yourself or another person, if we become aware that a minor or vulnerable adult is being abused or neglected or in the event of a judge or court order. Outside of these rare exceptions, your Counseling Center records cannot be shared with anyone, including college staff or faculty, without your written permission.
- Let’s Talk counselors keep brief written notes of their contact with students. These notes are accessible only by Counseling Center clinicians. We also use our electronic health record to track general utilization and trends in our site locations. There is no interface between our record system and any college system.
- You can sign up for a 15 minute slot using this form. Please indicate if you prefer a Zoom or phone call. If you select a Zoom call, please check your e-mail for a Zoom link approximately an hour or two before your session. Please use your official Champlain email address to sign up.
- We are required to ask for your current physical location and address. Please have this information ready when you sign up.
***BY SIGNING UP FOR A TIME SLOT, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE DISCLAIMER FOR "LET'S TALK."***