Boys Hope Girls Hope of Colorado
Our career panels are held every month and give scholars insight into various careers and the education and work experience required for different professions. The career panel runs from 4:30 - 5:30PM at Aurora Central High School and allows speakers about 10 minutes each to discuss their past work, education experience, and current profession. After each speaker has presented, there will be time for Q&A from our scholars.
We encourage our guest speakers to not only share their successes along the way, but also their challenges and setbacks. This is what will inspire our scholars the most and encourage them that they too can stand back up and continue on. Other possible topics to consider are:
- How did you choose your career?
- What did you study in college and did that prepare you for your position?
- What qualifications are needed for your position and/or entry level position?
- What setbacks and challenges have you encountered in your career?
- What advice would you offer to someone thinking of joining your field?
If you sign up for a slot, we would like to share your resume and/or short bio with the scholars beforehand so they are better equipped to ask questions. Please email to Emily Falkner at [email protected] by the Friday before your career panel day.
* PLEASE LEAVE YOUR JOB TITLE IN THE COMMENTS WHEN YOU SIGNUP.
Learn more about Boys Hope Girls Hope of Colorado at www.bhghcolorado.org.
Aurora Central High School
|| Boys Hope Girls Hope of Colorado