Temple Sholom's in-person Monday Meal is back and we are excited to welcome volunteers and guests back into the building.
Key information for volunteering:
- ALL volunteers must wear masks and gloves at all times
- We can only have a certain number of volunteer per session. We are unable to accomdate volunteers that are not signed up unless more help is needed
- Please only stay for this shift you signed up for, unless additional help is needed
- Volunteers need to be 12 yrs or older
- Please wear appropriate clothing and closed toe shoes (gym shoes, full slip ons)
- If you have longer hair, we ask you tie it back & all volunteers should bring a hat to wear to keep hair away
- Most weeks, in addition to providing to a warm meal to those in need, we also make bag lunches and deliver them to Northside Housing (7300 N. Sheridan). If you would like to sign-up to drive, please arrive at Temple at 5:00pm and Temple staff will load your car with the meals (car is required). If you are in need of service hours, meal delivery counts as 1 hour.