IsoCare All Contacts
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with IsoCare!
Our mission is to decrease the spread of Covid-19 by supporting people who have the virus (or are awaiting test results) through education, problem-solving and support, to keep themselves and their households isolated at home.
We are working with local Community Health Centers to connect with clients of interest and help them think through and implement how to isolate within their homes. Volunteers will not have any physical contact with clients. This is a telecommunication effort only and is intended for education about home isolation. This effort is community sponsored and is not affiliated with Sonoma County Department of Health Services.
We require an orientation training prior to assigning a client group to volunteers. Our goal is to talk through the key information needed to help people effectively home isolate, assist you to feel comfortable and confident in sharing this information and orient you to resources that will help with the problem-solving associated with providing this service. Additionally, we will run you through our FAQ’s, client intake form and call script.
At the end of the training our goal is for you to:
- Feel comfortable delivering the IsoCare message to a 5 client caseload.
- Understand the potential time commitment of your caseload.
- Be ready to make your first phone call and complete a client intake form.
- Provide information and connect clients with resources to help them successfully home isolate.
- Be able to describe resources that will allow clients and their families to remain at home, while meeting the essential needs of groceries, medicines, activities of daily living.
- As a volunteer you will determine the frequency of phone calls needed to help support the client for the duration of their illness, but expect to call at least every other day.
Following the IsoCare Training you will receive an Access Code to register with IsoCare Make Calls, where you will be assigned a caseload as clients become available.
Please review the documents in these links prior to training. This will help to familiarize you with the IsoCare resources and documentation process.
IsoCare Resources: FAQ Sheet, Sonoma County Community Resources
Home Isolation Video: https://youtu.be/XB-3m0FQ1zA