Desert Foothills Athletic Club
We are pleased to announce that DFAC will be offering two types of optional concussion screenings tests at our office at cost (click the test below for more details and the required parent information and consent form):
Advanced Baseline Screening - August 11: Your athlete will undergo two assessments - ImPACT Computerized Neurocognitive Testing (details below) and Concussion Balance Test (COBALT). The cost is $25 and we allow 60-minutes for testing.
Baseline Screening - August 12: This screening uses the ImPACT Computerized Neurocognitive Testing, an interactive, computerized baseline test that objectively measures your athlete's processing speed, memory, reaction time, and visual motor skills. Your athlete may have taken this test before. It takes about 30-40 minutes, and the cost is $15.
Due to brain and physical development, it is recommended that athletes ages 11-18 be reassessed annually.
- Choose your test type, then sign up for the appropriate testing time, one slot per child. NOTE: Sign up for one test only, as the ImPACT computerized testing is included in the BrainStamp screening.
- Bring either $15 or $25 per test, either cash or check payable to DFAC.
- PLEASE arrive 15 minutes early to check-in. All participants must start at the same time and cannot accommodate late testers.
- Participants must be age 11 and older.
- Procedures follow Banner guidelines which includes wearing masks, temperature checks, screening for symptons, and hand sanitizing. We appreciate your cooperation.
- Sessions may be combined or canceled based on signup numbers.
- A consent form is required at test time--please make sure your child has those completed forms. Click HERE for parent letter and consent form.
Questions? Email [email protected]