We invite all of Sierra Vista UMC to read along with us this summer as we explore the first four books of the New Testament.
- Copy and paste this link: https://1drv.ms/b/s!AhB6QnjVPz_nxQhFlILLpsBlkMJf
- If you sign up below, we will also email you a pdf file of the schedule.
Reflection and Study suggestions:
- Have a way to record your thoughts (pen/paper/computer/etc.).
- Start with prayer, your own or the following: God open my heart to hear your word for me today. Help me to set aside what I think I know about this reading in order to learn more about the Scriptures, you, and following Jesus. Through it continue to shape me into the person you created me, reflecting the character of Jesus in my heart, words and actions. Amen.
- Engage your head, heart and hands by reflecting on the following:
- What is something new you learned or a question/s that came up during the reading?
- What is your gut response to the reading (good, bad, or indifferent)? Why?
- What stood out to you most?
- What connected to you personally?
- Is there anything the Holy Spirit is inviting you to do? What is it?
- Download a Bible App such as, YouVersion, and listen to the passage read out loud.
- Choose a different Bible translation to use than the one to which you are accustomed.
- Participate in an optional biweekly discussion group. We will go over some of the background of the particular Gospel from which we are reading and share questions and reflections.
Optional Discussion Group:
- Meets bi-weekly, starting Thursday, June 3rd, through Thursday, July 29
- 6:30-7:30 pm in Fellowship Hall
- Facilitated by Pastor Kelly and Pastor Tamara
Optional Resource Book:
The Essential Bible Companion: Key Insights for Reading God's Word by John H. Walton, Mark L. Strauss, and Ted Cooper, Jr. Zondervan: Grand Rapids, 2006. ($11.29 on Amazon)