Cy-Fair Helping Hands
Cy-Fair Helping Hands has four teams that go to various areas of Cy-Fair to meet homeless individuals and to build relationships with them in an effort to assist them to transition out of homelessness when they are ready. In addition to visiting and praying with the homeless our teams distribute Compassion Bags. These bags are one gallon sized Ziploc bags filled with non-perishable food items. We distribute approximately 100 Compassion Bags each week.
This project calls for a group to purchase the items, pack the bags, and deliver to Cy-Fair Helping Hands.
Putting together Compassion Bags is a great group project for scout troops, youth groups from churches or schools, women's groups, book clubs, businesses, etc. and individuals who would like to help the homeless in Cy-Fair.
Compassion Bag Contents
Packed in a Gallon sized freezer Ziploc Bag:
- Canned Pasta, Chili, or Hearty Soup (please, no “cream of” soups)
- Snack pack pudding
- Snack size fruit cup
- Shelf milk or Juice Boxes/Pouches (no water, please)
- Sandwich crackers – peanut butter or cheese
- Can of Vienna Sausage or Packet of Tuna
- Small can Beans or Beanie Weenies
- Snack container of Peanut Butter
- Small Packet of Ritz Crackers
Deliver to Cy-Fair Helping Hands
7520 Cherry Park Dr. Suite B, Houston, TX 77095
Monday, Tuesday, or Thursday between hours of 9:30 am until 12:30 pm.
7510 Cherry Park Dr. Suite G Houston, TX 77095