Woodson Chorus Tag Day
***Please read this notice to the end as it contains important information.***
Thank you for volunteering for Woodson Chorus Tag Day!
Woodson Tag Day takes place on Saturday, October 19th from 8:30 to approximately 1:30 (Driver and Student Check-in volunteers report at 8:15). This is the PARENT VOLUNTEER signup.
Here are the jobs that are needed to make Tag Day go, the number of volunteers needed for each, and the times when they are needed (more information about Tag Day and the importance of this event to the Woodson Chorus can be found at the bottom of this message):
- Student Check-in (5) - 8:15 – 9:30
- Driver Check-in: (1) - 8:15 – 9:30
- Drivers (52) - 8:30-1:30 - This is our area of greatest need. We need volunteers to drive up to 200 students throughout the Woodson HS community!*
- Accounting (9) - 11:30 – 2:00
If you have any questions, please contact Ted Donat ([email protected]) or Jill Burrer ([email protected]).
Thank you again for volunteering!
Ted Donat and Jill Burrer
*Drivers must be 21. If you are signing up to drive students, please indicate the number of passengers (besides yourself) that you can safely hold in your car (minimum of four, please). You may also indicate the name of your child if you wish to drive him/her. (While we try to pair parents with their children, there may be circumstances where we will need to put them in a different car to fill out a route. Also, we may need to assign unassigned students to your car if it is not full.)
About Tag Day
The WTW Choral Program is not fully funded by the Fairfax County Public School System. Tag Day traditionally generates the most funding of any chorus fundraiser, so it is a critically important program. Here are just a few of the benefits that funding from Tag Day provides:
- Assistance to students with financial need
- Scholarships for those chosen for honors choirs
- Student awards
- Travel expenses and fees for special events and competitions
- Instrumentalist and accompanist fees
- Clinician fees
- Choral commissions
Last year, Tag Day raised over $24,000 for the Woodson Chorus!
We appreciate your assistance with this critical event!
8:15am - 2:00pm EDT