Woodson Chorus Tag Day
Thank you for volunteering for Woodson Chorus Tag Day! Please read this notice to the end as it contains important information.
Woodson Tag Day takes place on Saturday, October 20th from 8:30 to approximately 1:30. This is the PARENT signup.
As you know, The WTW Choral Program is not fully funded by the Fairfax County Public School System. Tag Day traditionally generates the most funding for our program, so it is a critically important program. Here are some of the benefits that funding from this and other Woodson Chorus events provides:
- Assistance to students with financial need;
- Scholarships for those chosen for honors choirs;
- Student awards;
- Compensation for our immensely talented accompanist, who is not paid by the county;
- Travel expenses and fees for special events and competitions; and
- Staging costs for our annual community favorite -- the musical revue, Dessert on Broadway.
Please note: It is expected that all chorus students will participate in Tag Day.
Here are the jobs that are needed to make Tag Day go, the number of volunteers needed for each and the times when they are needed:
- Student Check-in (5) - 8:15 – 9:30
- Driver Check-in: (1) - 8:30 – 9:30
- Drivers (52) - 8:30-1:30 (Please note: Drivers must be 21 or older)
- Runners (1) - 9:45 – 12:15 (Take additional supplies to drivers, if needed)
- Accounting (9) - 10:30 – 2:00
In the signup below, please indicate the number of passengers (besides yourself) that you can safely hold in your car (minimum of four, please). You may also indicate the name of your child if you wish to be drive him/her. While we try to pair parents with their children, there may be circumstances where we will need to put them in a different car to fill out a route. Also, we may need to assign unassigned students to your car if it is not full.
If you need to access the STUDENT signup, you can find it here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0e4fadad29a13-woodson1.
Thank you very much for volunteering!
If you have any questions, please contact Kate Zander ([email protected]) or Ted Donat ([email protected]).
8:30am - 1:30pm EDT