Jenison Individual Exercise
Do you have or have you had in the last 48 hours a fever at or above 100.4 degrees F (38 degrees C)?
Do you currently have one of the following symptoms that are new or different than normal: fever, dry persistent cough, or shortness of breath; OR two of the following symptoms: muscle aches, chills, sore throat, headache, vomiting or diarrhea, or loss of taste or smell?
Have you had close contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 or a suspected case in the last 14 days?
Is anyone in your household currently waiting for COVID-19 test results?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, please DO NOT go to the pool or enter the facility.
- JPS MASK UPDATE: Masks are 100% optional
- We have hand sanitizing pumps all over the pool area for your use.
- Patrons must enter through the A/D55 door which is located in the southwest corner of the facility facing the main HS parking lot. There are two cement walkways. Please stay on the cement and off the grass. As soon as you are on the pool deck please remove your "outside shoes." (health code)
- Lane reservations are required through "Sign-Up Genius." Sign-Up Genius is a quick and easy way to reserve your lane each week. Make sure to SAVE each time you sign up for a lane.
- When the pool is in 25 yards we allow one (household) per lane
- When the pool is set up in 50 meters we allow two (households) per lane.
- When the pool is in 50 meter set up do not stop at the same end as the other swimmer/non-household member.
- Please create an account with Sign-Up Genius. If you reserve a lane and are unable to attend, go back into the Sign-Up Genius platform and delete your reservation. It is very easy to delete your reservation but ONLY if you have an account.
- Members who do not show up for their reserved lane will have one day removed at the end of their membership for each no-show.
- Non-Members who do not show up for their reserved lane will only be allowed two 'no-shows' before they will be removed from future sign-ups. At that time the non-member must become a member and for each 'no-show' the member will have one day removed at the end of their membership.
- If you are no longer able to swim remove your name as soon as possible so others may sign up. Sign-up sheets are printed up to 60 minutes prior to the swim. If you delete your name before the designated time there will be no deduction of days or penalty (policy to begin on 2/8/2021).
- Members will be emailed the sign-up for the following week no later than Thursday noon. Non-members will be able to sign-up no later than Friday at noon. Non-members may sign up by clicking on the link from our jenisonaquatics website (Click LANE RESERVATIONS) or from our Jenison Aquatics Facebook page. Any non-members signed up prior to Jenison Aquatics officially posting the upcoming sign-up will be deleted without warning.
- One patron per lane (with households being the exception). We are asking that all members of the same household (up to three members) share a lane so that additional lanes may be available for others to safely swim. These lap swims are intended for adults, but children who are 9 & older and able to swim/exercise are welcome to attend with their parent(s)/guardians. Children 8 & under are not allowed to attend our lap swim at the current time due to the nature of the setup with only one lifeguard. This is not an open swim nor a time for parent/child swim lessons. Should the number of children increase to a number where we cannot safely guard the available lanes our age minimum and policies will be adjusted.
- Patrons should not enter the building more than 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
- Time limits to enter and exit the water are very firm. Please use the time on the scoreboard for entering and exiting the water.
- All of the locker rooms are open to shower BEFORE entering the water (health code). The on-deck shower (located behind the diving boards) and deep-end portable shower are also available for showering BEFORE entering the water - health code!
- Patrons are encouraged to arrive and leave in your swimsuit. However, if someone has no other option and must change on site they are now allowed to do so beginning June 28, 2021. Locker rooms are open on an "as needed" and "limited" basis.
- There will be an area for each person/household to set their belongings before they exercise and to return to after they exercise. These measured out locations are on both sides of the pool further than six feet apart. Look for the wildcat decal reminding you to stay six feet apart.
- As we add different days and times we want to make sure the two separate cohorts are heading to opposite sides of the pool when we have back-to-back lap swims...
- If you arrive for a lap swim at a time that begins with an odd number you will be placing your belongings on the office side of the facility... Odd number = Office side... 5:30a, 7:30a, 11:00a, 3:30p, 7:00p, etc.
- If you arrive for a lap swim at a time that begins with an even number you will be placing your belongings on the window side of the facility.
- When entering the facility for your swim we ask that you place an "X" by your name so we know who made it to swim and who did not (for Covid AND book-keeping purposes).
- Non-Members who are JPS School District residents (school tax dollars go to JPS) are $3 per visit and Non-Members who are not JPS School District residents (school tax dollars do not go to JPS) are $4 per visit. Paying patrons must bring exact fees. The lifeguard will not have change. Jenison Open & Lap Swim Members are pre-paid by the month or six months. The pool IS accepting new memberships at this time, but for now, they have to be paper & check and hand-delivered to the lifeguard at the pool. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Thank you for your support and patronage of the Jenison HS Aquatics Center!
|| Jennifer Coffey