Jenison Individual Exercise
By entering the pool you are verifying that you do not have and have not had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days:
- Uncontrolled cough
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Loss of taste or loss of smell
- Temperature equal to or higher than 100.4
- Signs of fever (chills/sweating)
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- Muscle aches
- Masks are required at all times except when exercising/in the water. When your feet are on the deck please make sure your mask is on covering your nose and your mouth. No mask no entry :-( We are a public school and everyone must have a mask on. No exceptions.
- Always maintain six feet of separation from staff and other patrons.
- We have hand sanitizing pumps all over the pool area for your use.
- Patrons must enter through the D55 door (formerly the A door) which is located in the southwest corner of the facility facing the main HS parking lot. There are two cement walkways. Please stay on the cement and off the grass. As soon as you are on the pool deck please remove your "outside shoes."
- Lane reservations are required through "Sign-Up Genius." Sign-Up Genius is a quick and easy way to reserve your lane each week. Make sure to SAVE each time you sign up for a lane.
- Please create an account with Sign-Up Genius. If you reserve a lane and are unable to attend, even if in the last hour, please go back into the Sign-Up Genius platform and delete your reservation. It is very easy to delete your reservation but ONLY if you have an account.
- Members who do not show up for their reserved lane will have one day removed at the end of their membership for each no-show.
- Non-Members who do not show up for their reserved lane will only be allowed two 'no-shows' before they will be removed from future sign ups. At that time the non-member must become a member and for each 'no-show' the member will have one day removed at the end of their membership.
- Due to our current situation with Covid we must hold people accountable to show up when they reserve a lane. Your name must be removed 30 minutes prior to the first lap swim of each day if you do not plan to swim. You must have an account to delete your name. Login, find the day and time you would like to delete, and click the "X." If you delete your name before the designated time there will be no deduction of days or penalty (policy to begin on 2/8/2021).
- Members will be emailed the sign-up for the following week no later than Thursday noon. Non-members will be able to sign-up no later than Friday at noon. Non-members may sign up by clicking on the link from our jenisonaquatics website (Click LANE RESERVATIONS) or from our Jenison Aquatics Facebook page. Any non-members signed up prior to Jenison Aquatics officially posting the upcoming sign-up will be deleted without warning.
- One patron per lane with households being the exception. We are asking that all members of the same household (up to three members) share a lane so that additional lanes may be available for others to safely swim. These lap swims are intended for adults preferably, but children who are 9 & older and able to swim/exercise are welcome to attend with their parent(s). Children 8 & under are not allowed to attend our lap swim at the current time due to the nature of the set up with one lifeguard and 16 lanes used. This is not an open swim nor a time for parent/child swim lessons. Should the number of children increase to a number where we cannot safely guard the 16 lanes our age minimum will be adjusted.
- Each household may only sign up for one time slot per day.
- Patrons should not enter the building more than 10 minutes before their scheduled time.
- Time limits to enter and exit the water are very firm. Please use the time on the scoreboard for entering and exiting the water.
- All of the locker rooms are open to shower BEFORE entering the water. The on-deck shower (located behind the diving boards) and portable shower are available for showering BEFORE entering the water.
- Full showers BEFORE entering the water is health code. No exceptions.
- The diving shower and portable shower are available for rinsing off AFTER your swim. However, locker room showers are NOT available after your swim.
- Locker rooms are closed for changing before and after your swim. Patrons must arrive and leave in their suits. No deck changing permitted.
- Locker rooms are open for bathroom use if needed.
- Kickboards, pull buoys, barbells, and noodles are available for your use. When done please deposit your equipment in the "USED" bin for cleaning.
- There will be an area for each person/household to set their belongings before they exercise and to return to after they exercise. These measured out locations are on both sides of the pool further than six feet apart. Look for the wildcat decal reminding you to stay six feet apart.
- As we add different days and times we want to make sure the two separate cohorts are heading to opposite sides of the pool.
- If you arrive for lap swim at a time that begins with an odd number you will be placing your belongings on the office side of the facility... Odd number = Office side... 5:30a, 7:30a, 3:30p, etc.
- If you arrive for lap swim at a time that begins with an even number you will be placing your belongings on the window side of the facility.
- When entering the facility for your swim we ask that you place an "X" by your name so we know who made it to swim and who did not (for Covid and book-keeping purposes).
- Non-Members who are JPS School District residents (tax dollars go to JPS) are $3 per visit and Non-Members who are not JPS School District residents (tax dollars do not go to JPS) are $4 per visit. Paying patrons must bring exact fees. The lifeguard will not have change. Jenison Open & Lap Swim Members are pre-paid by the month or six-months. The pool IS accepting new memberships at this time, but for now they have to be paper & check and hand delivered to the lifeguard at the pool. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Thank you for your support and patronage of the Jenison HS Aquatics Center!
|| Jennifer Coffey