St. Edward Church Family Ministry
As we move into Phase One of re-opening churches, the health and safety of our parish family, including our clergy, is of primary importance. In order to comply with the directives of Governor Northam and Bishop Knestout, we are limiting the number of people who can be in the worship space.
Bear in mind that the Bishop has dispensed the obligation to attend Mass until further notice; it is not a sin to stay safe at home during this time.
We will use this Sign Up Genius for you to reserve a spot for your household. Your reservation is limited to people who actually live in your house with you. You cannot reserve spots for family members who live elsewhere.
When you arrive for Mass, you will be asked:
1. Have you or anyone in your household had a fever in the past two (2) weeks?
2. Do you or anyone in your household have a new cough or new shortness of breath?
3. Have you come into contact with anyone who is positive with COVID-19 in the past two (2) weeks?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, you will not be permitted to enter the church.
In addition, please only sign up to attend Mass if you:
1. Are healthy and not in a high-risk category.
2. Will wear a mask the entire time you are on the campus. Everyone 3 years of age and older is required to wear a mask.
3. Are able to stand for up to 30 minutes while waiting to be seated in the worship space - you will need to arrive at church 30 minutes before the start of Mass. In addition, the path from your pew to receive Communion will be much longer than normal; please only sign up if you are able to walk a circuitous path through the sanctuary.
4. Understand that you will be seated by household in pews pre-reserved for you.
48 hours prior to Mass, we will email you directly with further instructions for social distancing, how to receive Communion, and other important information.
11:00am - 12:00pm EDT
St. Edward Catholic Church