Volunteers for H.O.P.E.
Every Thursday morning, we go to Second Harvest Food Bank to “shop” for fresh produce, bread and bottled water. This is a vital step in securing supplies for our Sunday distributions.
- Meet at Second Harvest Food Bank at 8:45am. The Food Bank is located at: 3655 Reed Street, WSNC 27107. It is the last building on Reed Street and is on the right side of the road.
- Park in the parking lot and head up the ramp or stairs to the reception area to meet our Operations Manager, Bob Russell, and any other volunteers from HOPE
- Shopping begins at 9:00am; produce is selected first, then we decide on getting bread and/or bottled water
- After selecting all items, we load our Cargo Van and head back to our operations facility to unload all items. Our Operations Facility is located at: 505 Deacon Boulevard, WSNC 27105
- We are usually finished around 10:15am
- You will need your own vehicle to drive to the Food Bank and to our Operations Facility
- We often pick up over 1,000 pounds of food items, so there can be some heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs. at a time) involved
Due to requirements established by Second Harvest Food Bank, volunteers must be at least 12 years old.
Contact us at: [email protected] or at 336.816.0801 with any questions.
We are also looking for volunteers to drive our Cargo Van to and from the Food Bank for shopping on Thursday mornings. Please contact our Executive Director, Scott Best, at [email protected] for more details.
|| H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem