Volunteers for H.O.P.E.
Every Sunday afternoon, we distribute hundreds of meals and bags of fresh produce on two separate routes that have 5-6 stops each. We need lots of help handing out the meals and produce to all the children and parents we serve. This is a great opportunity for individuals, families and groups.
- Volunteers will meet at our Operations Facility at 12:00pm
- Volunteers will be met by our Sunday Coordinator, Laurie, who will provide detailed directions to our partner sites and instructions on distributing the meals and produce bags
- There will be one volunteer riding in the truck and one riding in the van to help the drivers navigate from stop to stop
- All other volunteers will be following either the truck or van in their own vehicles
- Volunteers are encouraged to carpool as much as possible. We need lots of bodies to help, but the fewer the cars the better
- The Van route departs at 12:25pm and the Truck route departs at 12:40pm
- We are usually back at our Operations Facility by 4:15pm
We welcome families with children for this activity! We do ask that children stay with their parents/guardians at all times. Children without a vehicle must be accompanied by parent/guardian unless previous arrangements have been made to carpool.
We are located at 355 NW Crawford Place, WSNC 27105. This is in Kimberley Park, located in the Boston-Thurmond neighborhood. We are about a quarter of a mile east of Kimberley Park Elementary School, on the north side of the street. Easiest access off University Parkway is at 25th street.
Contact us at: [email protected] or at 336.816.0801 with any questions.
|| H.O.P.E. of Winston-Salem