Bucks County Opportunity Council
FREE Training Opportunity:
Presented by Tammy B. Schoonover, ACSW, LSW
Bridges Certified Instructor
Poverty affects everyone in our community. What can you do to help?
If you or your business, church, agency or organization works with people from poverty, only a deeper understanding of their challenges and strengths will help you build relationship and partner with them to create opportunities for success.
Bridges out of Poverty training takes a comprehensive approach to understanding the dynamic that cause and maintain poverty. The focus of the Bridges training is to provide a broad overview of concepts as well as concrete, practical tools and strategies for improving outcomes for people living in poverty.
Participants will learn:
- how economic class and their hidden rules affect behaviors and mindsets
- review 4 areas of poverty research, providing a better understanding of the causes of poverty
- the theory of change
- what key resources, besides financial, help move a person out of poverty if they choose
- how to engage the unique strength of people in poverty
- importance of language and communication skill
721 Veterans Hwy
721 Veterans Hwy, Bristol, PA 19007
|| Eileen Albillar