Join us for "The Friends of the Earth," reading academy, a literacy campaign focused on environmental awareness and stewardship! Volunteers should have a desire to improve the quality of academic and social engagement in elementary students who come from economically and socially diverse populations and should have a desire to serve others through education. Your love of learning and being a positive role model will help our children grow in self-confidence and self-esteem.
The Reading Academy (Monday, June 17- Friday, June 21) will wrap up the week with a fun-filled day at Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park!
- Read our Volunteer Handbook at www.gracemission.net under the Get Involved tab
- Sign Statement of Acknowledgement that Handbook was read
- Read Reading Academy Orientation package
- Complete Safeguarding God's Children on-line course before end of the Academy (required to get verification of your hours if volunteering as part of a class assignment)
We will have the Statement of Acknowledgment page in a binder on-site for you to sign your first day or you may print it and bring it with you.
You will receive 2 volunteer hours credit for completing the Safeguarding God's Children course. Once you've completed it you are certified for five years and will not have to repeat this course during any future volunteer experience with us. We will set up your login and password and send you the access information. The course does not have to be completed prior to your first date of service but must be completed by the end of your service.
To sign up:
- Each day has a separate SignUpGenius.
On the day you are signing up for:
- Click “Sign Up” next to ALL the functions/times you plan to do that day
- Click “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page to submit those times
- On the next page enter your name, email, phone number, class requiring volunteer hours, etc. then click SignUp at the bottom of that page
- When completed, SignUpGenius will immediately respond with "Thank You" and you are registered to serve at those times/functions on that day
- To sign up for another day just go to the SignUp for that day
- SignUps for Tues/Wed/Thur have the same functions/time slots. Monday and Friday is a field trip and volunteers will be expected to chaperone through the day trip.
- If your plans change, return to SignUpGenius to delete your registration for any given times to leave a space for others to sign up for that time/function.
If you have any questions please contact Dawn Adams at 850-320-2233 or by email: email@example.com, cc: to firstname.lastname@example.org
8:00am - 5:00pm EDT
Grace Mission, 303 W. Brevard Street/St. George Island