Big Fish Pal Spring 2019
The Big Fish Chapel begins Wednesday, January 30, at The Ruge Student Hall Center/EUC at FSU, 655 W. Jefferson St.
Imagine spending an hour a week with a group of energetic and distinctive students helping them to learn about creation and stewardship, dancing and laughing with God, feasts and celebrations of the Church, and exploring who Jesus is in our lives and why it is so wonderful to praise Him. This is The Big Fish Chapel!
Every Wednesday, our Partners gather with the S.O.A.R. and L.A.UN.C.H. students to explore stories from the Bible and traditions of the Church. Each Partner will be responsible for shepherding their group and helping them do the projects and activities. They will also need to help their group be attentive during the story time.
We are looking for disciples of any denomination (Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist, Episcopal, etc.) for The Big Fish Chapel Partners. We are interested in women and men of faith who are strong leaders, enjoy working with young and energetic kids, and have a sense of their own relationship with Jesus Christ.
Leaders will need to have strong multi-tasking ability, good listening skills, and authority with kids.
- Read our Volunteer Handbook (www.gracemission.net under the Get Involved tab)
- Sign Statement of Acknowledgement that Handbook was read
- Read After-School Program Orientation package (will be sent to you in welcome letter)
- Complete Safeguarding God's Children on-line course during first two weeks of volunteering
We will have the Statement of Acknowledgment page in a binder on site for you to sign your first day or you may print it and bring it with you.
You will receive 2 volunteer hours credit for completing the Safeguarding God's Children course. Once you've completed it you are certified for five years and will not have to repeat this course during any future volunteer experience with us. Once you are signed up, Dawn Adams, our director, will set up your login and password and send you the access information. The course does not have to be completed prior to you first date of service. If you do not receive the log in and password information within one week after your initial sign-up, please contact Dawn Adams at [email protected]
To sign up:
- Click “Sign Up” next to ALL the dates you plan to attend
- Click “Submit and Sign Up” at the bottom of the page
- On the next sign-up page you will need to enter your name, email, phone number, etc. then click SignUp at the bottom of that page
- When completed, SignUpGenius will immediately respond with "Thank You" and you are registered to serve on those dates
- If your plans change, return to SignUpGenius to delete your registration for any given date to make a space for others to sign up for that date.
If you have any questions before signing up, please contact Dawn Adams, Director of Family and Children's Services, at [email protected] or 850-224-3817.