Hillside Swim Lessons
This is the signup for the Little Piranha class that will meet Monday through Thursday mornings 10:15-11:00am June 15th through July 9th.
NOTE: The Little Piranhas is our pre-competitive swim team. When your child completes this class during the first 4 weeks of swim lessons, they are invited to participate in an exhibition heat of freestyle during our last home meet of the season. That meet will be Tuesday evening, July 17th this year.
* YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR ALL CLASSES WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME. SPACE IS LIMITED TO 12 CHILDREN PER CLASS. PLEASE SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU ARE DEFINITELY COMMITTING.
If you have questions you can email me at [email protected]
Intermediate or Little Piranha program is for children who may be interested in moving on to the swim team. These children have the basics of swimming freestyle and basic backstroke but still need time to develop endurance, perfect their strokes, and become a better diver. The end of this group of lessons culminates in an exhibition swim during the last home swim meet of the season(during the first 4 weeks of lessons). All children at this level are welcome to be in this swim group and do not necessarily have to commit to the swim team after this level is completed.
Basic Skills to be practiced as a
- The building of endurance by practicing swimming in deeper water
- Perfecting kicks and breathing with kick-board drills
- Perfecting synchronized breathing during the stroke
- practicing starts by gliding off the wall front and back
- The beginning of butterfly kick and arms
- Beginning of breaststroke
- Basic water safety
10:15am - 11:00am EDT
Hillside Aquatic Club Shallow deep end of the pool
|| Hillside Aquatics