Hillside Swim Lessons
This is the Signup for the guppy class that will meet Monday through Thursday mornings 10:00-10:30. All make ups will be held the week of the missed clas on Friday morning from 10:00-10:30 am. There will be three sessions available
Session 1: June 14th - June 24th
Session 2: June 29th - July 8th
Session 3: July 12th - July 22nd
* YOU ARE SIGNING UP FOR ALL 8 CLASSES WHEN YOU SUBMIT YOUR NAME. SPACE IS LIMITED TO 6 CHILDREN PER CLASS. PLEASE SIGN UP ONLY IF YOU ARE DEFINITELY COMMITTING.
If you have questions you can email me at [email protected]
The Advanced beginner or Guppy swim program is for children who have some of the very basics of swimming. It is both taught in shallow and some deep water. Children at this level enjoy being in the pool and will put their face in the water. They can demonstrate basic forward momentum in some way but haven't put all the pieces of swimming together. They can push themselves off the pool floor to begin "swimming" on their front and back.
Basic Skills to be practiced as a Guppy
- learning how to properly synchronize breathing when swimming.
- Perfecting kicking to produce forward momentum
- Practicing a more realistic version of freestyle and backstroke.
- gaining endurance and strength in the pool.
- Learning how to properly submerge to dive downward while swimming
- Beginning dives
- Basic water safety
|| Hillside Aquatics