ABOUT THE MARKET:
The Charles City County Parks and Recreation Department oversees the operation of the market and may modify or add to these rules at any time to better serve the market’s interests. The Charles City County Farmer’s Market guidelines are intended to be fair and comprehensive.
Important factors in our selection process for vendors include product quality, growing practices, presentation, product uniqueness, as well as the diversity of vendor types to ensure a successful farmers market experience.
TIME AND PLACE:
The Charles City County Farmer’s Market operates on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays during the months of May – October. The Farmer’s Market is from 9 am – 1 pm in the heart of Charles City County.
The Charles City County Farmer’s Market takes place rain or shine however, the Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to change or cancel the market due to hazardous weather or other unforeseen circumstances.
Charles City County Government Complex, 10900 Courthouse Road.
MARKET DAY INFORMATION:
- Vendors are expected to be set up and ready to sell by 8:45 am.
- Vendors are expected to stay until the Market closes at 1 pm.
- Vendors will be required to set up their own booth areas including all tables, tents, chairs, and equipment.
- Portable public restrooms will be available on the property.
- Vendors are responsible for all trash and garbage generated by their respective businesses. The market area must be left clean and free of all produce and debris.
- If you are unable to come to the market, please inform the Parks and Recreation Department immediately.
VENDOR TYPE DEFINITIONS
Producer: A producer is defined as a grower, employee, partner, or family member who is directly engaged in the growth and production of the produce and/or products sold.
Examples of producer eligible vendors are:
- Farmers (growers) of produce.
- Farmers (producers) of meats, cheese, other dairy products, and eggs
- Bakers - makers of locally baked goods.
- Gatherers of wild herbs, nuts, flowers, fruits, and mushrooms, from your owned or leased land.
- Fishers of fresh caught fish or shellfish caught in local waterways.
Maker: A maker is defined as an individual, group, employee, partner, or family member who is directly engaged in the creation and production of products sold. Maximum of six (6) dates per eligible maker.
Maximum of four (4) makers at each Farmer’s Market. Please note, no more than two (2) Makers and one (1) Direct Sellers of the same product type will be permitted at each vendor date. In addition, your dates selected/chosen are not confirmed until Parks & Recreation staff issues your confirmation.
Examples of maker eligible vendors are:
- Makers of specialty local, consumable products such as canned goods or prepared foods.
- Makers of soaps and body care products.
- Makers or arts and/or crafts items.
- Makers of woodworking and/or jewelry
- Makers of human and/or pet apparel.
- Makers of made-to-order food products.
Direct Seller: A direct seller is defined as a seller of products or services by an independent salesperson, independent consultant, or reseller whose products are made by another business, corporation, or entity.
Maximum of four (4) dates per eligible vendor. Maximum of two (2) direct seller at each Farmer’s Market. Please note, Direct sellers from the same company are not permitted on the same vendor date. In addition, your dates selected/chosen are not confirmed until Parks & Recreation staff issues your confirmation.
Examples of direct seller eligible vendors are:
- Mary Kay
- Beauty Counter
- Young Living
Applications are not complete until the following items have been submitted:
- Vendor Fee of $15 per vendor date
- Vendor Application
- Waiver of Liability or Insurance Information
- Photograph(s) and Website/Social Media Information
Vendors will be contacted after the submittal of required items. Dates are not finalized until all documents are submitted and dates reviewed by the Parks and Recreation Department to ensure diversity of vendor types.
Please review the available slots below and click on the button to sign up. Thank you!