Thank you for joining ACCA and Home Instead Senior Care as we share the joy of the holiday season with an older adult! Several businesses and organizations have joined forces to provide presents to seniors who otherwise might not receive a gift this holiday season. In partnership with Home Instead, the Athens Community Council on Aging has identified seniors in the community with this need. Join us in participating virtually (below) or by visiting one of the following locations:
· Athens Community Council on Aging, 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA 30601
· Athens Orthopedic Clinic, 1765 Old West Broad Street, Athens, GA 30606
· Athens YMCA, 915 Hawthorne Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
· Athens-Clarke County Police Department, 3035 Lexington Road, Athens, GA 30605
· Bella Salon, 1749 S Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30606
· First American Bank & Trust, 300 College Avenue, Athens, GA 30601
· Fleet Feet, 1694 S Lumpkin Street, Athens, GA 30606
· Hawthorne Drug Co., 975-A Hawthorne Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
· Phil Hughes Subaru, 3010 Atlanta Highway, Athens, GA 30606
· St. Mary's Home Health, 1021 Jamestown Blvd #215, Watkinsville, GA 30677
· Uniforms Unlimited, 850 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
· UGA Office of Dean & Directors, Conner Hall, First Floor, Athens, GA 30602
· Village Drug Shop, 740 Prince Avenue, Athens, GA 30606
· Walmart - Epps Bridge, 1911 Epps Bridge Pkwy, Athens, GA 3060
How to help:
1. Browse the seniors below and see the associated items they are hoping for.
2. "Sign up" once you have chosen the senior(s) that you would like to buy for, check the corresponding "Sign up" box, then select the red "Submit & Sign up" button at the bottom of the page.
3. You'll receive a confirmation email that will remind you what you have signed up for.
4. Purchase the gifts! You can choose to shop in person or use an online store and have it shipped directly to ACCA (Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc.)!
If you are planning to mail the package to ACCA, please email Paige Powell at [email protected] with a list of the items and confirmation of when to expect the package(s). If there is an option to mail it all in one package, please select that option to help keep the items together for delivery. When checking out, be sure to add the person’s code to the gift receipt. This helps us know which items belong to which clients.
We know the holiday season can be busy. If you find that you are running out of time, but still want to participate, please feel free to purchase an Amazon, VISA, or WalMart gift card. Santa’s Workshop is in full swing and our little elves will be glad to do the shopping for you! If you’d like to participate in this way, please contact Paige Powell at [email protected]. All gift card purchases must be made before November 22nd to ensure enough time to gather supplies and needed items.
5. BE SURE TO ATTACH THE CODE representing that person and deliver the items to ACCA. If you’d like to wrap your gifts, please make sure to attach the code securely to the outside of the package. Please know that gift wrapping is not necessary, but welcomed. We are hoping to host a small gift wrapping party in December for those that arrive unwrapped. PLEASE NOTE: you can add a note with the person's code if ordering online, otherwise, staple the code to EACH of the bags or tape to each of the box or boxes included. If you choose to get something other than what is listed on the ornament, please me sure to make a note on the ornament of what you purchased and wrapped instead.
6. Get it to us by December 3rd.
TO SHIP, have delivered to: Paige Powell at ACCA at 135 Hoyt Street, Athens, GA 30601
FOR PICK UP, to schedule a pick-up of your item at your organization, contact Savannah Collins at [email protected] or call at (706) 202-6233.
TO DROP OFF, go to ACCA Monday-Friday from 9AM-4PM from November 1st to December 3rd. Please ask for Paige or Amy when delivering.
Shop through AmazonSmile and a portion will be donated back to ACCA! Sign up today by selecting The Athens Community Council on Aging as your charity and be sure to change your Amazon bookmark to smile.amazon.com!
Thank you so much for participating in our 17th Annual Be a Santa to a Senior!
We appreciate your support.
Please address any questions to either Paige Powell at [email protected] or (706) 549-4850 or Savannah Collins at [email protected] or (706) 202-6233.
|| Savannah Collins