Hello Friends of the Waunakee Food Pantry,
Thank you for signing up to volunteer at the Waunakee Food Pantry - We could not serve and support our community members in need without your help!
Please choose a volunteer slot from the dates and times listed below. We need 6 - 8 adults and 2 students each time we are open. You will receive a reminder email 2 days before your scheduled volunteer time. If you are having any difficulty, just email me and let me know. I can sign volunteers in directly from my login.
COVID-19 has changed our food distribution procedures.
We are instituting new procedures under the “no contact” rules for food pantries per the Dept of Human Services. This means that we will be preparing pre-packaged boxes of food inside the WFP and these boxes are then placed into the client’s vehicle trunk space. Clients remain in their vehicles while we quickly serve them.
Waunakee Food Pantry procedures for Drive up Service:
- Clients drive up and remain in vehicle
- Volunteer greets client vehicle at a safe social distance and asks for client’s ID
- Client provides name, address and family size information to volunteer
- Client states if they are a new or returning client and if they meet the new TEFAP Income Eligibility
- Volunteer (Greeter) documents all client info on new abreviated TEFAP form
- New client? – no new / additional procedures. (ID is the only requirement!)
- Volunteer asks client to open trunk
- Volunteer (Runner) gets pre-packaged groceries and places in client’s trunk space
- Client is on their way
- Special dietary requests are accomodated, eg: gluten free, no salt
- Special food request are accomodated only if time allows
- Please volunteer only if you are healthy and are under age 70. Please do not volunteer if you are sick or exhibit symptoms (coughing, sneezing, fever) or are caring for someone who is sick.
- Practice social distancing from other volunteers and clients.
- Please bring your own mask when volunteering. At this time we do not have masks.
- Wear disposable gloves while volunteering.
- Please stick to quantities on our Food List for families to ensure we have enough for all.
- Wipe down all commonly used surfaces at the start and end of a shift.
- Smile, we will get through this!!
Also please view this video that a Michigan food pantry created. It is a really well made video regarding Client Sensitivity. Copy and paste this to your browser. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_co3GbEwVk
Thank you for volunteering... Your volunteer time is greatly appreciated!