Palo Alto Vineyard is excited to be offering a Vacation Bible School for children in our community, but we need your help! There are MANY ways to be involved! See below for a list of volunteer opportunities as well as supplies needed.
Monumental VBS will run Monday-Thursday, July 25-28, 9am-noon.
VOLUNTEERS: there are ways to help both before and during the VBS week. Please read each job description and note the dates.
Before VBS- opportunities include:
- Decorating Workshops (June 18 & July 17)
- Food- Shopping and administrative tasks (see more info under "food")
- Set up and Decorate- Sunday, July 24
During VBS- opportunities include:
- Team Leader- found under the "July 25" time slot, it is the only position that is required for all 4 days straight as team leaders are paired with the same kids each day and they lead the kids from station to station.
- Station Leaders and/or Assistants- are open to volunteers on a day by day basis
- Set up, serving, and clean up at the ending celebration (Thurs, July 28 in the evening)
VOLUNTEER TRAINING: A training will be held on the folowing dates:
- Tuesday, July 12 at 8:00-9:00pm on zoom OR
- Tuesday, July 19 at 5:00-6:00pm on zoom
All Team Leaders are required to attend one of the above dates. The training is optional (but encouraged) for any other volunteer roles that occur during the VBS itself.
PRAYER: sign up to pray for one day, several days, or the whole week! You will be sent more detailed information on how to pray the week before VBS.
Prayer coordinator: we would love to find someone interested in being a prayer coordinator! Working directly with the VBS coodinator sometime between July 1-23 to set up a plan, the prayer coordinator would be in charge of communicating with the prayer team, and sending out daily emails and updates during VBS. See the July 1 sign up date for this role!
FOOD: There are many different ways you can help with food!
- Shop for VBS snacks (work directly with the VBS coordinator to shop and purchase, receipts can be reimbursed). Need two people to do this anytime between July 1-23 (see sign up on July 1).
- Administrative tasks: Contact parents of kids with allergies, discuss snacks, decide on modifications. Need one person to do this between July 1-25 (see sign up on July 1).
- Baked goods: Sign up to bake cookies, muffins, or quick breads for our volunteers who will be working Monday-Thursday! Please drop off at the church office on Saturday, July 23 between noon and 4pm.
- La Vina & VBS volunteer lunches- served daily, Monday-Thursday, July 25-28. Work directly with the VBS coordinator to plan, prepare, or cater lunches.
SUPPLIES: there are detailed plans for games, crafts, decorations and storytelling, and your donation of supplies will help us tremendously in keeping our costs down.
If signing up to donate supplies, please be sure to drop off your donation by the dates listed at the Palo Alto Vineyard Church Office. For decorations, supplies are needed before the second decorating workshop (deadline is July 8), but for all other supplies, the deadline is July 15. For examples of what we need, links are provided in the description, but please know these links are not "live" and you will have to copy and paste them to view the examples.
For questions, please contact Julie Young at [email protected]