Join us for Compassion Weekend on Friday, October 15- Sunday, October 17! Please see below for a variety of opportunities to pray, learn about and serve with our Community Partners. There will also be a prayer meeting for some of our other Ministry Partners, and ways to help with an upcoming outreach event: Halloween & Harvest Fun.
Bayshore Christian Ministries
- Prayer and Facilities Projects at BCM- Come hear from BCM staff and pray for back-to-school in East Palo Alto! Folks who are able will also spend some time helping with facilities projects around BCM. Details for the projects are TBD, but probably best to wear clothes you can move in if you’d like to participate. People of all ages welcome!
- Prayer Walk at Elmwood Jail- Come learn about Elmwood Jail, how CIC serves the inmates there, and walk around the perimeter of the Jail and pray. Ages 10 and up (you have to be able to walk a couple of miles).
- Card Making for Inmates- pick up card supplies from the church office during the week prior to Compassion Weekend (Monday, October 11- Friday, October 15, 9am-3pm) and make at home or join us at the church office to make cards together. Card stock provided but please bring your own drawing supplies.
Reach Potential Movement
- Produce and Grocery Packing- pack produce and grocery bags at Gateway Neighborhood Center. Ages 12 and up.
- Drivers- drive grocery bags from Gateway Neighborhood Center to Caltega Apartments in Mountain View
- Food Distribution at Caltega Apartments- help distribute food boxes to the residents at Caltega Apartments as well as get to know the people in the complex. We need people to help with the food boxes, kids crafts, and take time to talk and connect with the people in the complex (it is a big plus if you can speak Spanish for the "connecting" role). Ages 12 and up.
- Pancake Breakfast and Kids Activities at Caltega Apartments- provide food for a breakfast at Caltega Apartments or help serve the food and provide support for the children's activities. Families are welcome!
Blessing Bags for 30+ Staff Members of BCM, CIC, and REACH
- Donate supplies for "blessing bags" for all the staff members of our Community Partners and/or help put the bags together. We will also write cards for each staff member and pray over them.
Other Ministry Partners
- Zoom Prayer Meeting for all of our other Ministry Partners (click here and scroll down to the bottom for the full list)
Halloween & Harvest Fun
- Donate pumpkins (all sizes and varieties needed) for a pumpkin patch at our Halloween & Harvest Event. Please bring pumpkins to the Sunday Service on 10/10, 10/17, or 10/24 (drop off at the Children's Ministry Check-in Table) or bring to the church office by Monday, October 25.
- Put together treat bags at the church office for this event
Questions? Please contact Julie Young at [email protected]