Trinity Lutheran Church
The mission for Restoring Hope is to share the hope we have in Jesus Christ with our community through relationships, and by offering a safe place for families who are hurting to receive relief. We believe in demonstrating the love of Christ in our community by serving individuals and families who are in need. Our Food Pantry is open on Monday and Wednesday from 9am - 12 pm for our community. On average each month, we assist 475 families or just over 2000 people. This requires a lot of volunteers! Please consider helping out!
We accept volunteers of all ages. We do encourage families with children to volunteer together. The Restoring Hope Food Pantry is a great opportunity for our children to show the love of Jesus with others. Please understand that any child who volunteers in 1st - 8th grade must have parental supervision with them while volunteering. Any volunteers in High School (current 9th - 12th grade) do not have to have a parent with them.
Below is a description of the various areas in our Food Pantry.
Shoppers: Report to FLC room 116
- Greet guests
- Escort clients through the food pantry shopping area.
Food Pantry Assistance: Report to Food Pantry on FLC Main Street
- In charge of various sections in the pantry area (bread, desserts, refrigerated items, clothing etc..).
- Repackaging & organizing supplies
- Helping Shoppers
Runners : Report to the Food Pantry on FLC Main Street
- Restock through the pantry area as needed.
- Help unload deliveries as they arrive.
- Move inventory from storage containers and refrigerators/freezers to the food pantry area.
Restocking: Report to the Food Pantry on FLC Main Street
- Restock various areas of the food pantry as needed.
- Organize and straighten out food pantry shelves.
Curbside Helpers: Report to Food Pantry on FLC Main Street
- Greet families as they arrive.
- Help families load thier cars.
- You will be outside at the front doors to the FLC.
If you feel like you will need a snack or lunch during your time of volunteering, please feel free to bring them with you. Also please bring bottled water with you.
|| Jennifer Kiel