First United Methodist Church of Waukesha
You are invited to make a reservation for In-Person Worship at 9:30 am on Sunday May 23, May 30 or June 6. We hope you will join us. Please sign up for only one of the three dates. Currently we are limited to 50 people in the sanctuary with appropriate distancing and masks. Reservations can be made for you and your party by signing up below.
- Read the attached Worship and Programming Covenant approved by the Administrative Council.
- If you are eligible and medically able, we highly encourage you to get vaccinated.
- If you have a fever, cough, a loss of taste or smell, or do not feel well otherwise, please stay at home to protect others.
- Plan on arriving at least 15 minutes early so we have time to seat you.
- Enter the building wearing your mask through either the North Entrance or the West Entrance. Greeters will be stationed at these doors where there will be hand sanitizer for you to use. All other entrances into the building will be closed.
- Anyone age 2 and older must wear a mask the entire time you are in the building. Cloth masks will be available at the entrances if you do not bring your own. If you cannot wear a mask for some reason, please contact the church office by the Wednesday before the service you plan on attending in order to speak with a pastor about how accommodations can be made to keep you and others safe.
- Please practice six-foot social distancing in the parking lot and building.
- Ushers will meet you at the sanctuary doors and escort you to your seats. You will be seated as you arrive front to back and dismissed back to front.
- We encourage families to attend, but to keep everyone safe, there will be no children’s time, nursery care, or Sunday school yet. If desired, parents may take their children to either the nursery (Rm 221) or the preschool classroom (Rm 215) and watch the service livestreamed on a TV monitor. Please distance appropriately.
- We encourage you to hum along with the songs, but there will not be congregational singing.
- Be open to changes including a shorter length of service, words on screens, and offering drop boxes at the back of the sanctuary.
- For now, as a spiritual practice of solidarity with all those who continue to suffer from this pandemic, we will be fasting from communion. This means that on communion Sundays we will share in the Great Thanksgiving but not the elements of bread and juice.
- The main hallway bathrooms will be open, but you may only enter one person/family at a time. Plan accordingly.
- We ask that you not linger in the building before or after services.
- While fellowshipping in the parking lot, remember to wear masks and distance unless you know everyone around you is fully vaccinated.
Remember, sign up for only one of the availabe dates, but please watch the other two services via our YouTube Channel.