We are looking for 10 people to make 20 sandwiches following the guidelines from Roof Above below. Drop off your sandwiches at the Broach Hall lot near the Charlotte Family Housing entrance between 10-11am on the date you sign up for.
- Use either white or soft whole wheat sandwich bread, no heels please.
- For meat sandwiches, use ham, turkey, roast beef or bologna. Please use your best judgment on the number of slices per sandwich. We are looking to serve hearty sandwiches. Neighbors also like a slice of cheese on their sandwiches, please include if your budget allows. If you have to choose between making fewer sandwiches and making better sandwiches, please choose better! Think about the sandwich YOU would like to eat at lunch.
- No mayonnaise or mustard on the sandwiches. Individual packets of condiments are very much appreciated.
- It’s not necessary to add lettuce or tomato.
- Peanut Butter & Jelly is also a popular choice, however, they do not store as well as other sandwiches. Please limit the number of PBJ to under 100, bag them individually and make sure they are delivered soon after making them.
- The neighbors love egg salad!
- Pimento cheese is NOT well received by the neighbors.
- It is ideal to put sandwiches in individual baggies. Please feel free to use the least-expensive sandwich bags — no need for zip locks. You can stack the assembled sandwiches inside the bread bag.
- Please keep meat/cheese sandwiches refrigerated.
St. John's Main Entrance