Chicagoland Buddy Walk
Welcome to the 2018 Chicagoland Buddy Walk volunteer sign up. I have sent you this link because you have indicated that you would like to volunteer this year or have volunteered in the past for our event. Sign Up Genius is the tool we will be using to sign up our volunteers. This program will allow our volunteers to sign up for positions and times that work with their own schedule. Each volunteer job is listed with a short description and the number of positions available. If a job is no longer available it will not allow you to sign up for it. I have tentative times listed for each job, they may change before the event date by 15 or 30 minutes, nothing drastic. If a time does not work for you but you would like to still volunteer please contact me and we can adjust the time for you if possible.
If you are signing up a group please contact me directly and I will sign you up, last year we had a few groups sign up under one spot and we had an abundance of volunteers with nothing to do. Group sign ups need to be done through me or I can not guarantee a volunteer position the day of the event.
Please make sure you sign up for a position prior to coming to the event. Volunteer spots are filled prior to the walk so I am unable to accommodate walk in volunteers. We have been very fortunate and a group of volunteers from Ticket Master are coming out to plan and run our kids area. There are limited spots in the kids area due to the amount of volunteers they are providing from their organization.
*please sign up one person per volunteer slot. Do not put English family in one slot, each individual requires their own slot.
Important Volunteer information
1. Some positions are for part of the day and you are more then welcome to sign up for additional positions as long as they do not overlap. Please sign up for a position you are comfortable performing..If you are not comfortable telling kids when their time is up in the bounce house don't sign up for the bounce house :)
2. We are also recommending that children that need close supervision and children under 8 not be brought along to volunteer, many of the positions require your full attention for our guests safety.
3. We will not be providing lunch for volunteers. We will be providing plenty of water, and snacks. Food will be available the day of the event for a fee from various vendors on site.
4. We ask that volunteers please keep their phones in their car or in their pockets while volunteering for the event. Volunteer areas need supervision and we have been noticing over the years volunteers playing on their phones instead of supervising the activity they signed up to help with. Please keep this in mind when you sign up, we rely on your help and focus to make our event a success.
5. We really struggle to find volunteers for the end of the day clean up and pack up. This takes about an hour and goes quickly, considering the amount of guests we have there is not as much clean up as pack up. Please consider signing up for it.
6. Any school forms that need to be signed need to be filled out completely and turned in at the beginning of your shift, they can be picked up at the volunteer tent after your shift is complete.
7. Please dress for the weather, we have had Buddy Walks when the temperature is in the 50's and others that were in the 90's. Our walk is a rain or shine event. Our new location has very limited shade so please keep that in mind and bring sunblock if necessary. We will have some areas that are under tents but many positions are not in shaded areas.
Once you sign up to volunteer you will receive updates from this site before our event with reminders and I will also email you with updated volunteer info and changes. I do anticipate adding additional volunteer opportunities pertaining to the Buddy Walk closer to the date. As of right now we do not have a date scheduled for early t shirt pick up but we anticipate one in the near future. We do have a Buddy Walk Prep meeting scheduled in New Lenox the evening of Friday October 6th, I will post an additional sign up for this in early October. As any additional events become finalized I will post sign up info. If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me at [email protected]
Thanks so much,
Chicagoland Buddy Walk Volunteer Coordinator
9:00am - 5:00pm CDT
Bolingbrook Country Club 2001 Rodeo Drive Bolingbrook 60490
|| Wendy English