Saint George GOC in Saint Paul MN
Please sign up to host a Sunday social hour / coffee hour after church. You can return to this site to double check / confirm which Sunday you are signed up for.
Social Hour Coordinator is Rita Kanavati; she can be reached at 651-558-1118 or email her at [email protected] if you have any questions.
Some Sundays are fasting days and serving a menu that adheres to the fast is important. There are more options than you may realize so don't be discouraged from hosting those days and Rita can guide you and answer questions, too. Other Sundays have a special event scheduled by one of the ministry groups and a typical social hour host may not be needed. Many families like to host or co-host social hour on the same day as a memorial and/or serve Koliva. So some coordination or flexibility may be needed from host families already scheduled for those Sundays.
What to bring for a regular Sunday social hour:
· 16 dozen treats depending on treat size, plan for 120 people.
· 1 gallon of milk and 1gallon of juice if non-fasting or 2 gallons of juice if fasting.
· 1 pound of coffee
Look for labels on the cabinet doors and drawers for things you want to use to serve with. Large trays, recycle box, and garbage bags are under the worktable. Tray liners are in the cabinet drawer close to the back room door. Paper products, coffee cups, utensils, sugar, and creamers are in the kitchen cabinets.
Coffee making instructions: (4-5 minute brew time, usually someone will be there to make the coffee for you)
· Coffeemaker directions are taped to the counter next to the double coffeemaker.
· The 2 coffee urns should be filled with water from the previous use and must be emptied before you make coffee.
· Remember to turn on the urn warmers to keep the coffee hot once made.
· Remember to turn off the urn warmers after you rinse off the parts and fill the 2 urns with at least 2 carafes of water.
· Please be sure warmers on the small coffee maker by the entrance door are shut off.
Clean Up Reminders
· Please wash all church items used and rinse the coffee carafes.
· Wipe down the social hall tables, the kitchen counters and the sink and counters.
· Line up the tables and chairs the way they were.
FASTING TREAT SUGGESTIONS: (No eggs, dairy (including whey) or meat)
· Store bought cookies....some ginger cookies and Oreos may qualify, or wafer cookies.
· Cups or small bags with triscuits, rice cakes or crackers, pretzels, dried fruit or gummies,
· Rice crispy bars,
· Pre cut eggless bagels with jam, peanut butter or hummus,
· Veggie or fruit trays
· Nature valley Granola bars, peanut butter, cinnamon, Oats'N'Honey, Roasted Nut Crunch,
· Anything else you can dream up that qualifies as fasting.