Pine Street Carpenters | The Kitchen Studio | Pine Street Construction
Thank you for your interest in helping us build over 100 bikes for deserving children in the community!
As this year's bike-build will operate differently than in the past, it is important you read the guidelines below before signing up. We are emphasizing safety, practicing social distancing and following CDC guidelines during this year's bike-build. We appreciate your strict adherence to these guidelines. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected] or 610.430.3333.
- Space is limited. Volunteer shifts are staggered throughout the day, and registration through Sign-up Genius is required. If all shifts are filled, please email us at [email protected] to be put on a wait-list should any cancellations arise.
- Masks. Masks will be required for all volunteers during your entire shift.
- Bundle up! We reached out to Mother Nature and requested a beautiful, crisp sunny day on December 5. If she cooperates, we'll have our warehouse doors open for fresh air, so please dress accordingly.
- Bike-building stations. There are six bike-building stations alotted to volunteer shifts throughout the day. Each station will be distanced from the other and is intended for one group/family unit (stations can have 1-5 volunteers). When signing up for one of these shifts, please include the number of people in your group. We ask that you build no more than 5 bikes during your shift.
- Bike mechanics. If you worked as a bike mechanic tuning up bikes in our past bike builds, please sign up for a safety inspector/tune-up shift.
- Tools. Please bring your own tools. Wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, bike pumps and a little elbow grease should do the trick.
- Santa's Workshop closed. We will not have a craft station this year. Children will be need to stay with their parents during the bike-build.
- Food. Regrettably, we will not be able to provide food for our elves as we have in the past.
- COVID-19. If you are sick, have a fever, or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19, you are not permitted to attend the bike-build. If you need to cancel a sign-up for this reason at any time, please do so. Contact us at 610.430.3333 with any questions/concerns.
Lastly, if you'd like to sponsor a bike, please visit www.bikebuild.org for more details.
Many thanks! We look forward to seeing you all on December 5!
|| Michael Dolan