Kings Bay Y
Kings Bay Y is committed to your health and safety and we are taking every precaution possible in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. The swimming pool will operate at 33% capacity in accordance with New York State law, while strictly following NYC Department of Health guidelines.
- Great news! The swimming pool will be open to KINGS BAY Y MEMBERS and GUESTS, with reservations required.
- Purchasing a pass is required for non-members. Guest passes may be purchased online at https://jccbrooklyn.force.com/s/membership or at the front office.
- Please bring a valid ID card, a swim cap for the pool and a lock for the locker.
- You can reserve only ONE time slot per day, due to capacity limits.
- Reservations must be made 24 hours in advance.
- Kings Bay Y reserves the right to make changes to the schedule
New Swimming Pool Safety Procedures
- All patrons are required to fill out a COVID waiver prior to entering the building.
- All patrons are subject to a contactless temperature check upon entry into the facility (Temperatures exceeding 100.4 degrees F will not be permitted in the building)
- If you are feeling sick, please stay home. Patrons exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to enter the building.
- Each patron is required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to entering the pool.
- All patrons must maintain 6 feet apart at all times.
- All patrons must follow designated pathways to ensure a safe flow.
- The pool capacity is limited to 33% of people in the pool at all times.
- At this time, you can reserve only one time slot per day, due to capacity limits.
- Walk-ins will be allowed entry depending upon the total number of members already in the pool.
- Sauna and steam rooms are closed until further notice.
- Showers will be open and cleaned after use.
- Pool equipment (including kick boards, pool noodles, etc.) is not available for use by members. Equipment may be used by private swim instructors and private swim participants.
- Swimmers are encouraged to arrive in swim gear to speed up changing process in the locker room
- Lockers are open at a reduced capacity
Updated Mask Policy for Fitness/ Gym and Aquatics Programs at the Y
Effective June 1st, vaccinated members and guests can show proof of their vaccination (either by showing their Excelsior NY Vaccination pass or their vaccination card ) and remove their masks while utilizing our Fitness, Aquatics, or Gym facilities only.
These vaccinated members and guests are no longer required to complete our daily COVID-related health screening prior to entry.
All unvaccinated members and guests are required to wear their masks at our gym, fitness, and aquatic facilities.
Please note that we still require all members and guests to comply with our Mask policy in June 2021 if they are NOT using our fitness, gym, and aquatic facilities.
Please note that Vaccinated Staff members not facing our members and guests (e.g. office, accounting office, social services) as well as our lifeguards can remove their masks upon providing our HR with their proof of vaccination. Our locker usage will be increased to 50% capacity.
How to make a reservation:
Important note: you must make a SEPARATE reservation for EACH member of your family.
- Choose the time slot to reserve, and check off the sign up yellow box
- Click Submit and Sign up at the bottom of the page
- Enter name, email, phone number
- Click Sign up Now
- Open Swim - open to families with children and adults (make a separate reservation for each member of your family)
- Adult Swim - open to adults only
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email protected] or call 718-648-7703