Hidden Valley Camp
Welcome to the Friends of Hidden Valley, Work Day Sign Up!
Workday: SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 11, 9 am - noon (rain date, Sunday Sept. 12, 1-4 pm)
Optional flag ceremonies on Flagpole Hill: respecting the National Day of Service and honoring the victims and first responders of the 9/11/2001 attacks: opening ceremony, 8:45 am; closing ceremony, noon.
NEW this year: Optional Stay and Play in Mary's Meadow. There will be fun for Scout troops after they finish their work projects, organized by the Camp Manager and LHVC.
Please help us with fall maintenance at the camp. Also, this year we will let you know which activities fulfill badge requirements! Thank you for signing up! PREFERRED DEADLINE TO SIGN UP is midnight, Thursday Sept. 9--please help us out and meet the deadline so we can get projects assigned. (If you missed the deadline, sign up anyway.) Only 1 troop per signup time, so sign up early to get your preferred time. Unique signup times helps everyone maintain physical distance!
We need some information from you so we can make the best work assignments for your group (in a socially distanced way!). Here is what we need from you:
1) Sign up for one of the ARRIVAL time slots below; workday starts at 9 am and ends at noon, so there are slots every 10 minutes up until 11:00 am. The time you choose is the time when you should be at the Cabin to do paperwork and get your work assignment. Please make sure that you/your WHOLE group arrives 10-15 minutes before the designated time, (parking and drop-off instructions will come later). This will leave time for gathering your stragglers and walking to the sign-in location at the Cabin.
2) Please give us the following information in the comment/required question at the bottom of the sign-up area:
- How many in adults will come (best guess)?
- How many girls (best guess) and in which level (Daisy, Brownie, Junior, Cadette, Senior, Ambassador; abbreviate D, B, J C, S, A)?
- How many hours do you expect to work (best guess): 1, or 2 or 3 hours
- Let us know if you are working on any of the badges listed below, and you may be able to fulfill one of the requirements.
3) Girl Scout leaders: go to the Girl Scout Facebook page to find more information and any updates.
4) Masks required for anyone that is not fully vaccinated. More details will be emailed to you after you sign up here.
Thanks for your time! Questions? Comments? Send an email to the Workday Coordinator (Jill Baringer, [email protected]) or to the Chair of the Volunteer Committee (Gwen Macpherson, [email protected]). For questions about the badges or the Stay and Play, contact Camp Manager Kristin Suter ([email protected])
Daisy: Journey Between Earth and Sky (could work toward planting a tree in addition (for spring)), The Daisy Flower Garden, Eco Learner
Brownie: Eco-Friend, Bugs, Outdoor Adventurer (trail maintenance)
Junior: Flowers, Gardener, Animal Habitats
Cadette: Woodworker, Primitive Camper, Eco Trekker (Invasive Plants) Date:
|| Gwendolyn Macpherson