St. Edward Church Family Ministry
If you attended Mass on
November 14 or November 15,
please wait until Friday
to sign up for Masses
on November 21 or November 22.
The health and safety of our parish family, including our clergy, is of primary importance. In order to comply with the directives of Governor Northam and Bishop Knestout, we are limiting the number of people who can be in the worship space.
Bear in mind that the Bishop has dispensed the obligation to attend Mass until further notice; it is not a sin to stay safe at home during this time.
If you attended Mass this past weekend, please wait until at least Friday to reserve your spot for the next weekend. We have 3,000 registered families at St. Edward and can accommodate about 30 of them at each Mass. In your charity, please consider letting other people have an opportunity to sign up.
We will use this Sign Up Genius for you to reserve a spot for your household. Your reservation is limited to people who actually live in your house with you. You cannot reserve spots for family members who live elsewhere.
Please arrive 20-30 minutes prior to the start of Mass for check-in. (Note that check-in will begin at 8:40 for weekday Masses.) It is really important that you arrive early - we are not able to admit anyone after the Opening Hymn begins.
By entering the Church for Mass, you acknowledge that you can answer "NO" to the following questions:
1. Do you currently have a fever (your temperature is 100.4 degrees or higher)?
2. In the past two (2) weeks, have you presented symptoms of COVID-19, such as a fever, chills, sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, muscle pain, loss of taste or sell, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea, with no alternative diagnosis?
3. In the past two (2) weeks, have you been exposed - less than six (6) feet for greater than fifteen minutes - to anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 without wearing the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention?
If you cannot answer "no" to these questions, you will not be permitted to enter the building.
In addition, please only sign up to attend Mass if you:
1. Are healthy and not in a high-risk category.
2. Will wear a mask that covers your nose and your mouth the entire time you are in the building. Everyone five years of age and older is required to wear a mask.
3. Are able to stand for up to 30 minutes while waiting to be seated in the worship space - you will need to arrive at church 20-30 minutes before the start of Mass. In addition, the path from your pew to receive Communion will be much longer than normal; please only sign up if you are able to walk a circuitous path through the sanctuary.
4. Understand that you will be seated by household in pews pre-reserved for you.
5. Have read and are prepared to follow the instructions that are posted on our website about how to come forward for Communion.
A note about livestreaming: Due to COVID-19, Mass is being live streamed for use on various Diocesan digital media accounts of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond, including, but not limited to, the websites of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond and The Catholic Virginian, and social media platforms of the Catholic Diocese of Richmond. Photography and/or screenshot images from the livestream may be used for The Catholic Virginian print edition. If you do not wish to be captured by live streaming, please refrain from attending a livestreamed Mass - the Sign Up Genius indicates which Masses are livestreamed and which ones are not.
St. Edward the Confessor Catholic Church
|| StEdward Church