University of New Orleans
November 13, 2020
Celebrate your graduation at the UNO Drive-Through Commencement Celebration! To participate graduates must register for one of five timeslots throughout the day to drive, bike or walk down Alumni Drive. Graduates may only register for one slot. Space is limited in each time slot and will be assigned on a first-come-first-served basis. Please have your student ID number handy when registering.
Graduates should arrive to the staging area 30 minutes prior to the celebration time slot. Details on the celebration route and how to access the staging area will be sent to registered graduates in the week leading up to the Drive-Through Commencement Celebration. Please note that the event is rain or shine.
1. Only summer and fall 2020 graduates are eligibile to participate in the celebration
2. One car per graduate - you may invite your family or friends to ride in the car with you.
3. Trailers and oversized vehicles are not permitted.
4. Walking and biking participants may walk or bike in groups of no more than 10 graduates. Due to COVID-19 guidelines, members of the walking/biking groups must maintain a six foot distance between one another. Each group member should register individually for the drive-through celebration.
5. Masks must be worn at all times including in the car.
6. Graduates should not leave their car and should immediately disperse once they have completed the celebration route.
7. Spectators are not permitted - unfortunately, due to COVID-19 restrictions spectators will not be allowed to watch the Drive-Through Commencement Celebration. Driving participants may invite their family and friends to ride in the car with them but please remember graduates may only have 1 vehicle participate in the celebration.
8. All participants must follow the guidelines listed in the UNO Return-to-Campus Guide.
|| University of New Orleans